Ibanez releases Tube Screamer at NAMM 2010

teemuk

• Members

the premier guitar vid of same is {censored}ing horrible

mind you many of their vids are

i swear they find the lamest, most out of touch guys to play guitar on those things and typically on an out of tune guitar

/rant

:o

• Members

so a fender normal channel with a TS and a clean boost, in a nice looking little head... for what, $299? assuming they did it right, that's a cornerstone of rock tone for three bills, which is pretty cool. even if they did it wrong, there are bound to be a bunch of easy mods/tweaks for these things.

besides, some people pay more than that for just the tube screamer. :freak:

• Members
so a fender normal channel with a TS and a clean boost, in a nice looking little head... for what, $299? assuming they did it right, that's a cornerstone of rock tone for three bills, which is pretty cool. even if they did it wrong, there are bound to be a bunch of easy mods/tweaks for these things.

besides, some people pay more than that for just the tube screamer.
:freak:

At that price, I'd hit it. :thu:

Yes, I'm saying I'd {censored} it.

• Members

Cool I guess, but I am starting to get burnt out on the micro-amp trend. If you need a practice amp with 15 watts, maybe the amp manufacturers could just add a "wattage selector switch" (like Mesa, Egnater, ect.) and then you can have ONE amp that will be sufficient for the stage and your room at your mama's house.

• Members

Cool I guess, but I am starting to get burnt out on the micro-amp trend. If you need a practice amp with 15 watts, maybe the amp manufacturers could just add a "wattage selector switch" (like Mesa, Egnater, ect.) and then you can have ONE amp that will be sufficient for the stage and your room at your mama's house.

Yeah, those don't really work effectively. They kill headroom, and that's about it.

• Members
Yeah, those don't really work effectively. They kill headroom, and that's about it.

For the most part, they work pretty good. They kill headroom, and that is exactly what the wattage selector is there for. :thu:

IMO, the compression is what suffers when the wattage is reduced (in a high wattage amp), but IMO still sounds better than the micro-amps being released.

Archived