What effects do you prefer for your lead tones???

guitarbilly74

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honestly, it depends on the song and my mood. I usually hit my OD808 for a slight volume and gain boost, and sometimes I'll add delay. i really like soloing with an Octavia with or without delay, and some times with a univibe on with all three, or just the Octavia.

Fuzz Face with or without delay is one I use a lot as well.

I also use a Whammy 1 for some solos, and again, sometimes with delay sometimes not.

Back in the day when I was using my Roger Mayer 9090A wah, I would select a really low sweep, turn the whammy and octave down, and with high gain, or a fuzz it sounded really {censored}ing awesome. Kinda synth like.

• Members

usually just a neck pickup and maxon OD9. sometimes delay. sometime univibe. sometimes fuzz. sometimes all 3.

i used to gig with a peavey studio pro and i could go from clean to lead with my volume knob and that's what i'd do; i'd turn up my guitar. yeah, that solid state amp sounds ok, but cleans up incredibly. light and bullet-proof.

• Members

Delay, modulation, compression-anything more than a touch of reverb is a band-aid to cover up for playing that could be better. If you need anything more than a volume boost, you're doing something wrong. Tone is in the fingers.

Kidding :cop:

Archived