Gig report: fear factory - now with more dino!

oddone

• Members

Saw them last night. Strapping young factory. Was pretty epic with hoglan on drums and the return of butterball on guitars.

They played ALOT of old stuff, going right back to 92. {censored} the first three tracks were the first three tracks off obsolete. Only played 2 new tracks from mechanize. Strangely nothing from archetype or transgression (:cop:).

Amps wise, byron was using ashdowns, dino had 4 mesa cabs. no idea what was powering them. his tone was {censored} isolated but sounded great in the band.

oh and he used one ibby 7 string custom the entire night.

• Members

they probably run about 1 Rosie O'Donnell

i hope dino goes back to his modded 800s...

does anybody know who did his mod work?

Jose Arredondo (sp?). Dino only had one modded 800, and it was stolen a long time ago, hence his jumps from amp to amp. It was a shame, b/c that amp sounded GODLIKE. And if I'm not mistaken, it's impossible to get another one, as Jose is dead.

• Members

Jose Arredondo (sp?). Dino only had one modded 800, and it was stolen a long time ago, hence his jumps from amp to amp. It was a shame, b/c that amp sounded GODLIKE. And if I'm not mistaken, it's impossible to get another one, as Jose is dead.

i just googled dino cazares + amp and supposedly a couple of years back somebody got hold of this amp

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f30/i-just-got-dinos-modded-jcm-800-2203-insane-crunch-9078.html

couldn't you get pretty close with fja/voodoo HG Jose mod + 6550s ?

• Members

He had several modded amps, but the 1 was special. A few of the others have floated around the net for years. It also wasnt Jose, it was Metalhead.

I would love to see this show also. Big FF fan. I did get to see them while they were touring after Obsolete though.

Archived