bugera 212v-bk cab opinions?

applecakes1207

• Members

Speakers matter.

They matter a {censored}ing lot.

If you wanna save a few bucks and have a POS cab with POS speakers and don't mind if it sounds good or holds up then go for it.

Otherwise I'd look on the used market for something decently built with some decent speakers in it.

Definitely! And quality of wood, whether the entire cab is ply (such as baltic birch) or has compressed wood, and whether the speakers are front-mounted or rear-mounted all make a difference. A bad cab/speaker setup can make the difference between an amp sounding great or having a tough time trying to dial in a usable tone that'll cut through a mix.

• Members

Well guys, here is my update. Got the cab a few days ago, I was surprised as it looked pretty sweet in person. I plugged in my blues junior and was mildly blown away, it actually sounds really good! I swear! haha, it has a real deep low end and balanced mids and highs, GREAT clean sounds. I got a blackstar ht-5 head in the other day as well, the dirty sounds are also really solid out of it, real good for chuggin it up. It even made the blackstars clean channel better that I remember, and took dirt just as good. The only thing I would change is the handle on the top, as you kind of have to prop up your head an inch or so so it doesnt wobble around.

I also A/B'd it with my orange 2x12, and honestly I preferred the bugeras sound out of it more. I dont know what it was, the orange just sounded fizzy and treble'ey side by side with the bugera. Dont get me wrong, the orange sounded good, but if I had to choose just out of the sound test I would probably go with the bugera for dirty and clean tones. I know that may start a flame war right there, but it was just my observation.

All in all, for 190 shipped, I would buy this thing again. Id even pay 300-400 for it if thats what they were charging for it. Im not sure how it would stand up to touring, but Im not touring or anything anytime soon so that doesnt really matter to me. It seemed pretty sturdy to me, and looks pretty sweet with the blackstar on it.

Commence the war of flames!

Because of my experience with some cheaper speakers/cabs, I admit that's not the news I expected to hear and am glad it turned out to be a good deal and is working out for you. :phil: BTW, I'm in Tulsa and wish another OK amp fest would come around again. :D

• Members

Apple, as far as the handle, you may find it easier, and def cheaper to get some fender washers, about 2 per foot, and stick 'em between the feet and the amp head. This will give you clearance for the handle. I'd get longer screws while you're at it.

Archived