bugera 212v-bk cab opinions?

applecakes1207

• Members

Hey guys,

Might start another bugera flame war, but the 212 they have out is only 199 shipped and has stereo and mono modes and 140 watts handling. Has anyone tried these at all? Im thinking of picking up one and playing a blackstar ht-5 and ceriatone 2204 out of it in stereo possibly. I also have an orange ppc212 at the moment, but I want the stereo option and all. Any input will be greatly appreciated!

-Kev

• Members

Original 2 x 12'' BUGERA Vintage Guitar Series speakers

Speakers matter.

They matter a {censored}ing lot.

If you wanna save a few bucks and have a POS cab with POS speakers and don't mind if it sounds good or holds up then go for it.

Otherwise I'd look on the used market for something decently built with some decent speakers in it.

• Members

I have to disagree with the other posters dissing Bugera. I just received

the Bugera 4/12 slant cab. I have some decent extra "Eminence Private Jack speakers to throw in

but am surprised how it sounds stock. I have the Blackstar HT-5 and Vox AC4tv

heads. I pushed those little amps and it sounds fabulous. Not sure when I am going to replace speakers or not. Working on clips, may share.

Not gigging though, just recording, but the cab seems solid

my 2 cents

• Members

I played one a month or two ago when I was shopping for heads. In the noisy confines of a music store, with a Bugera 1960 (their JCM 900 clone) running through it, using a guitar other than my own, it sounded decent. :)

It is particle board and was surprisingly heavy. I'm sure you could get it sounding very good with a speaker swap, but for that price you could probably get a better cab used.

• Members

cabs you can get for so cheap local i wouldn't bother. I got my 2x12 legacy for 90 bux.

However, I'm not one who bashes Bugera just to fit in here. I think their amps are a good deal now that they have fixed the fire problems :facepalm::lol:

Believe it or not I'd take a 6262 over a 5150 :wave:

I wouldn't buy one though because I like supporting American companies and not Chinese ones.

• Members

cabs you can get for so cheap local i wouldn't bother. I got my 2x12 legacy for 90 bux.

However, I'm not one who bashes Bugera just to fit in here. I think their amps are a good deal now that they have fixed the fire problems
:facepalm::lol:

I wouldn't buy one though because I like supporting American companies and not Chinese ones.

I agree with this, especially the bold.

I owned a 333, I would definitely not take it out on the road. Not that it wouldn't take the performance beating, it wouldn't have handled load in and out and get banged around.

If the quality of their headshells is anything like their cabs then :facepalm:.

And to the guy saying his cab sounds good, A/B it with a Randall, Mesa, Avatar, or anything else with decent speakers at a good volume then get back to me. :thu:

• Members

The newer Bugera equipment seams to be built better.

The speakers are ok. The cabs are ok. I am a Vintage 30 fan, and I really do not think anything compares for me.

The V22 is getting excellent reviews even with the stock speaker.

There is nothing wrong with a particle board cab if you dont get it wet and dont drop it off the back of your truck. In fact many prefer the density of the particle board. I have both.

X is {censored}, y is great is a continuous battle, check it out for yourself. It might work great for you especially combined with the Orange 2x12.

But if you want a low cost well built cab check out AB Audio, empty 2x12 for about $120 shipped. Then you can put some {censored}y Eminence speakers in it (and again the X vs. Y battle begins).

• Members

The newer Bugera equipment seams to be built better.

The speakers are ok. The cabs are ok. I am a Vintage 30 fan, and I really do not think anything compares for me.

The V22 is getting excellent reviews even with the stock speaker.

There is nothing wrong with a particle board cab if you dont get it wet and dont drop it off the back of your truck. In fact many prefer the density of the particle board. I have both.

X is {censored}, y is great is a continuous battle, check it out for yourself. It might work great for you especially combined with the Orange 2x12.

But if you want a low cost well built cab check out AB Audio, empty 2x12 for about $120 shipped. Then you can put some {censored}y Eminence speakers in it (and again the X vs. Y battle begins).

Thanks for the tip, I didn't know there were prices like that for a quality empty cab. I'll pass it on

• Members

I agree with this, especially the bold.

I owned a 333, I would definitely not take it out on the road. Not that it wouldn't take the performance beating, it wouldn't have handled load in and out and get banged around.

If the quality of their headshells is anything like their cabs then
:facepalm:

And to the guy saying his cab sounds good, A/B it with a Randall, Mesa, Avatar, or anything else with decent speakers at a good volume then get back to me.
:thu:

Did someone give you the 333 or did you buy it?

Yeah I've played through "real cabs" and paid a lot of coin. This is what I could afford at this time. My ears must be getting old and tired because

this cab isn't as bad as some say, at least as far as I can tell. For $250.00 get me by for now. Can't seem to avoid buying goods manufactured in Asia

these days, an argument that is endless.

• Members

Hope it works out for you. I had been using a Epi-Valve Jr 1/12 with PJ speaker

with my HT-5. The 4/12 is working for my application so far. Do post your observations when you can. Also you must be thick-skinned to admit

what crime you just committed:poke:

• Members

Hope it works out for you. I had been using a Epi-Valve Jr 1/12 with PJ speaker

with my HT-5. The 4/12 is working for my application so far. Do post your observations when you can. Also you must be thick-skinned to admit

what crime you just committed:poke:

Haha, I know man. Ive always had great gear, ranging from a mesa mark IV to JCM 800s to oranges to twin and deluxe reverbs, with avatar cabs and now an orange cab. I never thought Id see the day when I bought a friggin bugera, but why the hell not is about all I can say to that one. I just got me a big boy job as an engineer so I figured a celebration cab/amp was in order haha :wave:

• Members

Well guys, here is my update. Got the cab a few days ago, I was surprised as it looked pretty sweet in person. I plugged in my blues junior and was mildly blown away, it actually sounds really good! I swear! haha, it has a real deep low end and balanced mids and highs, GREAT clean sounds. I got a blackstar ht-5 head in the other day as well, the dirty sounds are also really solid out of it, real good for chuggin it up. It even made the blackstars clean channel better that I remember, and took dirt just as good. The only thing I would change is the handle on the top, as you kind of have to prop up your head an inch or so so it doesnt wobble around.

I also A/B'd it with my orange 2x12, and honestly I preferred the bugeras sound out of it more. I dont know what it was, the orange just sounded fizzy and treble'ey side by side with the bugera. Dont get me wrong, the orange sounded good, but if I had to choose just out of the sound test I would probably go with the bugera for dirty and clean tones. I know that may start a flame war right there, but it was just my observation.

All in all, for 190 shipped, I would buy this thing again. Id even pay 300-400 for it if thats what they were charging for it. Im not sure how it would stand up to touring, but Im not touring or anything anytime soon so that doesnt really matter to me. It seemed pretty sturdy to me, and looks pretty sweet with the blackstar on it.

Commence the war of flames!

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Speakers matter.

They matter a {censored}ing lot.

If you wanna save a few bucks and have a POS cab with POS speakers and don't mind if it sounds good or holds up then go for it.

Otherwise I'd look on the used market for something decently built with some decent speakers in it.

Which is why you should check out a B52 AT412 cab. The cab is nothing to write home to mom about, but the speakers in there can hang with a V30 or Eminence any day of the week. They have huge magnets, efficient, and sound great. With your budget, you won't find better speakers.

Bring on the tomatoes, but it's truth.

Archived