Anyone play MarkIV and Mark V sidexside?

Lucius

• Members

I played the markV yesterday. My favorite channel was 2 on the bottom toggle (what ever that was). I didn't care for channel three on any of the three positions? Anyone compare them side by side (MarkV vs MarkIV). I loved my mark IV but couldn't bond with the hour I spent on the Mark V. Cheers, Lucis

• Members

I owned a IV and have played a V, but not side by side. My impressions were that the V sounded like a weaker version of the IV. It's funny...the farther down the line of marks you go, the less raw/big/3d they sound. Mark IIC+ > Mark III > Mark IV > Mark V. IMO of course, and I'm just referring to the lead channel sound.

• Members

I owned a IV and have played a V, but not side by side. My impressions were that the V sounded like a weaker version of the IV. It's funny...the farther down the line of marks you go, the less raw/big/3d they sound. Mark IIC+ > Mark III > Mark IV > Mark V. IMO of course, and I'm just referring to the lead channel sound.

I agree but to me the Mark IV sounds bigger and more 3D than any of the other Mark amps. The IIC+ and III do sound more raw but somewhat thinner tonewise IMO. The IV is definitely smoother tonewise than the IIC+ and III but personally I don't think it sounds less aggressive like alot do.

Archived