My first attempts....

tony333

• Members

Good evening. I have been on this forum off and on. I have shared written lyrics but never any playing or "real" songs. I am not a singer (at all) and really just strum chords on my guitar. But I do love writing lyrics and think I am half way decent. The link is to my Reverbnation site. The band consists of me and only me. I have written and recorded everything myself. Recording also not a strong point. Never the less let me know what you think of the songs. If the link doesn't work the band is 2nd Hand Suspects. I am still learning my way around that site too.

http://www.reverbnation.com/2ndhandsuspects?profile_view_source=status_update

Tony

• Members

It seems like you are a storyteller Tony. However, there is a problem you need to address: The balance of vocal and guitar volume needs adjusting so we can hear the story told. Either use 2 mics, or if you use a single mic, then bring it closer to your face so that the guitar volume falls off a bit. 

It sounds like there might be some good stories there, but if the audience can't hear the lyric, you'll lose them. 

• Members

Listened to cold winter day.

Pulled me along as a story song.

I know what you are doing! You have been caught! You don't believe in your voice so the microphone never gets close to your mouth.  Now cut that out and get that mike up!!!!! Your voice is good enough to demo your songwriting.  And over time wil become bettter and better.

Back to the song. It has a nice melody about it.  What it needs next is a chorus that gives my mind something to enjoy several times throughout the song. And suggest use it to drive home the point of teh song.

One administrative suggestion - post the lyrics with your songs, and post just one song at a  time.

I LOVE story songs.  Keep going!

Richard

Archived