Let the record show that the VA SMX1 rules all other guitars-clip to prove it!

Spizzledude

• Members
I love the looks.
:confused:
If only you could hold it and feel the neck and how solid the whole axe is, you'd love it too. It's like an ugly woman with a great ass. Turn her over and you'll be back for seconds for sure.

It feels like a Les Paul and the bridge has that fatness but it has the Tele neck thing going on too.

Well, the clip is quite good. :thu:

• Members
Zent, I have a Duncan Design Distortion bridge pickup that came out of my old Jackson, if you want to trade for the DiMarzio.
:cop:

Actually, none of the bridge pups on the Samicks I just bought are DD's. Somebody already swapped them. I hear the DD humbuckers smell though.

I also just ordered a GFS dream 180 so I will have to pass on your kind offer.

• Members
:lol:

It was worth a shot. Let me know what you think about that 180. I've had my eye on one for a while, and I trust your tone opinions.

I already have two. They are not high output at all. 8.0 and 8.3k I think. Almost the same as the Duncan 59.

I run them both serial/parallel/coil tap. They have a nice tight bite to them. Excellent for the bridge position especially.

• Members

Do you have any clips?

No. The guitar they are in is my semi hollow PRS copy. It has the worst tone of all my cheapies. I think it was the first cheapie I ever bought in 2003.

It haz so much goo on it you can't hear the wood.:facepalm:

Looks pretty though and plays exactly like my neighbors 3k PRS. Sounds cold though:

p1000381d.jpg

One day I'll sand off the goo as it it nice mahogany underneath.

I'll post this week when I drop one in the Samick. I like them because they have extra snappy high end so when I use 250k pots as in single coil/humbucker guitars they sound normal. In the green POS above I run 250k pots for the smooth volume swells.

• Members

hey zent, do you ever think that maybe these cheap guitars only sound good and play well because they're in YOUR hands? i'm thinkin you could make a squier and a frontman sound the same as a 3k PRS and the axe-fx.

just sayin...

• Members

hey zent, do you ever think that maybe these cheap guitars only sound good and play well because they're in YOUR hands? i'm thinkin you could make a squier and a frontman sound the same as a 3k PRS and the axe-fx.

just sayin...

I appreciate the compliment but no, some cheap ass guitars are utter {censored}. I have a few.

I am still learning which ones aren't in general and then which ones , in that category, excel.

I can pretty much set up almost any guitar to play very well and can change the guts to operate well too but I can't make bad wood sing.

• Members

I have a cheap Samick Blues Sareceno Radio Ten, and a Greg Bennet SG copy (which I believe is Samick). I do enjoy those guitars thoroughly. They sound and play better than a lot of high end guitars I've played and couldn't afford.

I'll have to try to find a Valley Arts to try out.

• Members

I have a cheap Samick Blues Sareceno Radio Ten, and a Greg Bennet SG copy (which I believe is Samick). I do enjoy those guitars thoroughly. They sound and play better than a lot of high end guitars I've played and couldn't afford.

I'll have to try to find a Valley Arts to try out.

When you find one, look at the neck wood and body wood. Listen to both. If they are nice looking and sound warm and fuzzy , don't worry about the guts. That can be fixed. When I first plugged in the SMX-1 super Tele it sucked balls.

Didn't take much to fix it though. New CTS pots and a good set up fixed it fine. Helped that someone put in a good bucker.

The single coils in them are fine though. Some of the best I've heard and hot too.

Archived