banned from TGP

gdwill2u

• Members

Be mindful it's a doubled edge sword that could be used against you too if Tag
or whatever his name is (I can't see the thread because I am bant blocked)
gets litigious

and if I were a betting man my money would be on that probability

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

1. You implied that his financial trouble was, at very least, dramatically overstated for the sole purpose of personal gain in selling the amplifier.

2. You have repeatedly called into question the seller's character...calling him 'sneaky' and 'dishonest.'

Both of those statements directly or indirectly call into question the legitimacy of the representation of the product and/or the circumstances, both of which can potentially harm the ability to complete the sale.

Again, this isn't CRIMINAL...it's CIVIL.....and it's very much actionable as part of a civil suit. It happens literally ALL THE TIME....especially on big ticket stuff. Five minutes on Google should give you enough examples of precedent to see that I'm not making this up. You're way out of your depth with all of this. But, to each their own.

This man knows whereof he speaks.

• Members

Give it a rest. This happens all the time. It's frankly none of your business. He can choose to sell it for $100,000 if he wants. He doesn't have to list the price he paid and "financial trouble" could mean he needs $20 for some hair transplants. Where you went wrong is defending him in the first place. Don't let your hurt pride about defending him make it worse for you in the long run.

• Members
Dude:
:facepalm:

FCC is not for stock.. it regulates communication like media, telephone systems blah blah

The FTC will not give your case any attention either.

The best place would be the BBB but they don't deal with private sales.

Besides, he's entitled to sell his amp for whatever reason and price he wants.

Try the BHC (Butt Hurt Commission)

Actually I think it is the FCC i want. I remember a guy who had to file with the FCC for a stock issue, he filed with them because the broker was an internet broker and this fell under the jurisdiction of the FCC.

And please let's be clear here I have no formal complaint against the amp seller, his actions are possibly ethically questionable (I still don't have the truth about what he did or didn't do, he refused to answer my enquiries), my complaint is that TGP knowingly allowed a deceptive advertising practice on their website. They know about it because they banned me for questioning the seller about it.

I am not doing this for vengeance but to possibly warn others about this issue. I do not entertain any delusions about the efficacy of informing the FCC or FTC about this, but you never know unless you try.

If you had listened to all the hype over this amp you might fell lucky getting a chance to purchase it, but later when you find out the truth about the amp you will feel used and manipulated. That isn't fair. That isn't transparency in advertisement it is deceptive.

Someone else said it pump and dump...but usually first you pump and then you dump. This amp is being hyped WHILE IT is for sale. Pump and dump is also illegal and you can lose your broker's license over this, and be fined bid money.

• Members

Actually I think it is the FCC i want. I remember a guy who had to file with the FCC for a stock issue, he filed with them because the broker was an internet broker and this fell under the jurisdiction of the FCC.

And please let's be clear here I have no formal complaint against the amp seller, his actions are possibly ethically questionable (I still don't have the truth about what he did or didn't do, he refused to answer my enquiries), my complaint is that TGP knowingly allowed a deceptive advertising practice on their website. They know about it because they banned me for questioning the seller about it.

I am not doing this for vengeance but to possibly warn others about this issue. I do not entertain any delusions about the efficacy of informing the FCC or FTC about this, but you never know unless you try.

If you had listened to all the hype over this amp you might fell lucky getting a chance to purchase it, but later when you find out the truth about the amp you will feel used and manipulated. That isn't fair. That isn't transparency in advertisement it is deceptive.

Someone else said it pump and dump...but usually first you pump and then you dump. This amp is being hyped WHILE IT is for sale. Pump and dump is also illegal and you can lose your broker's license over this, and be fined bid money.

I typically don't wish ill upon anybody, but for your sake, I HOPE you get yourself in a sling over this. It'll teach you a very, very valuable lesson about meddling in the affairs of others.

• Members

oh for {censored}s sake

I typically don't wish ill upon anybody, but for your sake, I HOPE you get yourself in a sling over this. It'll teach you a very, very valuable lesson about meddling in the affairs of others.

no dude, its what jesus wants!111!11:idea:

God put gdwill2u on this Earth for one reason...to defend people from sheisty deals on TGP.

• Members

Dude the FCC is the Federal Communications Commission. They regulate telecommunications. How in the hell is that what you want? See this is why Im not a christian.. I could never go to a church and subject myself to 100 gdwill2us.

• Members

Read these instructions very carefully.

1. Step away from the computer.

2. Go tell the staff of whatever institution you are living in that you are getting in trouble on the computer and need your privileges taken away.

3. Ask the staff for an extra dose of the medication you are taking because what you're currently on isn't enough.

4. After taking your medication, go down to your room and sit on your bed for a time-out.

5. The staff will let you know when your time out is over.

• Members

i'm trying to decide what's more pathetic: this post or the OP's first.

you both should be flogged with gym socks filled with rotting grapefruits :facepalm::facepalm:

• Members

if Dumbles weren't hyped they would sell for $3k tops.

What's your point?

• Members

Dude. I don't always agree with you, but I usually respect you perspective, and it's getting hard to on this one. The tards on that other site have more than enough info to make informed decisions. From the cheap seats here you appear to have an exaggerated sense of purpose and mission. I wonder what's really fueling the crusade.

• Members

Dude. I don't always agree with you, but I usually respect you perspective, and it's getting hard to on this one. The tards on that other site have more than enough info to make informed decisions. From the cheap seats here you appear to have an exaggerated sense of purpose and mission. I wonder what's really fueling the crusade.

I tried to ask him why he feels motivated to get involved but he chose to ignore that question.. There is something going on there thats not out in the open.

• Members

I tried to ask him why he feels motivated to get involved but he chose to ignore that question.. There is something going on there thats not out in the open.

maybe he has to do some navel gazing to figure out for himself before he shares it

• Members
Give it a rest. This happens all the time. It's frankly none of your business. He can choose to sell it for $100,000 if he wants. He doesn't have to list the price he paid and "financial trouble" could mean he needs $20 for some hair transplants. Where you went wrong is defending him in the first place. Don't let your hurt pride about defending him make it worse for you in the long run.

Well you don't have all the facts but that is OK, I agree, maybe I should not have defended him, but you know I would do it again. I don't like rumors and I won't sit back and let someone's reputation be trashed without proof. Sorry I'm not built that way.

I have no hurt pride and this whole thing is getting silly. I came to HCAF for a little support and sympathy after getting abused at TGP. Instead I got the usual pile on crap, with a bunch of wanna be lawyers trying to scare me. :lol:

Oh well, I thought I had earned a measure of respect around here, but I guess not. I defended the guy against rumors that were unverified, went to him like a man and asked him directly what the truth was and he refuse to answer. I got banned for this behavior and now just wanted a little group hug from my buds at HCAF.

Oh well :cry::lol:

I will shut up now, this is a dead issue to me....what's done is done.

• Members
I have been posting on both TGP and HCAF for over 6 years. Never been banned and never been warned.

I was both warned and banned at TGP for sending a PM and later posting it, where I asked a guy some direcrt questions. Questions that could have settled some rumors that I defended him aginst here.

He responed by stating basically that it was none of my business, even though the accusations against him had to do with his character and his integrity, and I WAS THE GUY WHO DEFENDED HIM. Got much crap for doing this too.

Anyway, for this I was banned for writing my conclusion to this clowns refusal to answer my questions, basically I concluded that he has caught trying to sell an amp while hyping the amp in threads without declaering that he had the amp for sale. He also stated in his add that the sale was for financial reasons but in fact he was asking for an additional $15,000.00 for this amp, an amp that he had only owned for 6 months.

This financially troubled guy was also able to pay for an amp builder to clone the amp??? I asked him about all of this, and I asked him why he wasn't forth coming about the sale of this amp, when just weeks ago he had claimed that this amp was his Holy Grail amp, His never sell amp and the end of a lifetime quest. He said all of this while either listing the amp for sale or planning it.

Anyway so much for TGP. I never cussed, wasn't rude, just stated what happened.

The reason for the ban was"personal attacks" on another forum member. I did not attack him, I just stated my opinion about his no respose to some questions.

Now that the mods at TGP know about this sneaky sale i will be contacting the FCC tomorrow and making a formal complaint. I don't think you re allowed to knowingly post an ad that is placed under false pretenses.

BTW the amp in question is a Dumble
:facepalm:

Thanks for letting me rant, I will drop this issue as soon as I call the FCC. I will never go to TGP again. I think management is in cahoots with the boutique amp builders and I think the website is not forthcoming about it's true purpose and nature. Buyer beware is all I can say.

Say what you want about HC but I have never seen them promote their products or allow favoritism in any fashion. PS - I hope I haven't done anything wrong here, now I am just being paranoid.
:lol:

Tag is a LOOONG time poster there, has over 30,000 posts. All the regulars, mods, and most people know who he is very well. I have been suspended and banned there for questioning him. I don't like him, but he has been open about the amp, posted hundreds of clips, videos, and discussions about buying it, cloning it, and reselling it. Fair does not come into play at TGP, they do what they want. Just the way it is. I just ignore him most of the time now. 2 extremes, anything goes here, to a ridiculous point sometimes. There everyone us super anal. I get bored there, I come here, I get tired of here, go back there.

Archived