I picked up a Marshall jmp 1/2 stack for $600. Speaker code help!

scottdcoi

• Members

Well I got it for $500 and a poweramp that I got for $100. Anyone want to decode these speakers for me? He said they were all original, dude got it from the original owner. Whatever.

Here are the pics. The cast reads "T1221" the two on the left read "kf 23" and the 2 on the right read kf 25 on all of the speakers. Any help is appreciated!!!

P5010295.jpg

P5010294.jpg

P5010293.jpg

P5010292.jpg

P5010297.jpg

P5010296.jpg

• Members

SOOOO STOKED...

http://muinstrum.com/speakers/2.html

According to this site, the t1221 means they are 16 ohm greenbacks.

Celestion G12M-25 Greenback 12" Speaker, 16 ohm (T1221)

Features

Resonant Frequency: 75Hz

Sensitivity (1W @ 1m): 97dB

Frequency Response: 75Hz - 5kHz

Impedance: 8 Ohms

Power Handling: 25 Watts

Compare Prices

According to this site, they were made on the 23rd and 25th of Oct '73 (the T is actually an F...)

http://www.unclespot.com/celestion_date_codes.html

• Members

Man, my guitarist mate had one of those in the first band we were in together. Absolutely beautiful amp, taught me that some Marshalls are good for more than just distortion - fantastic clean tones with just a hint of grit to them. He did a lot of restorting too.

I think you're in for a treat. :love::love:

• Members

OK, "K" is 1978', you can see 78' on your tag mounted on the chassis, so your JMP 2203 is a 1978' i have two of these, awesome amps.

If your cab has plastic handles, the speakers may be "Blackbacks, minus the plastic black covers, if your cab handles are metal, they're probably Greenbacks, again minus the covers, prolly G12M 25 watt Rola Celestions, absoutly awesome speakers, nice score.

ALL HAIL THE MARSHALL FROM HELL.

• Members

They're plastic handles. The magnet covers have been removed, so they could be black, green or whatever other color they made them. I believe you're right about the '78, I did see that on the tag... Must've misread a date chart. Gonna get some turpentine today for the old spraypayint, and some heavy guage speaker wire for the cab.

• Members

They're plastic handles. The magnet covers have been removed, so they could be black, green or whatever other color they made them. I believe you're right about the '78, I did see that on the tag... Must've misread a date chart. Gonna get some turpentine today for the old spraypayint, and some heavy guage speaker wire for the cab.

100_0112.jpg

100_0113.jpg

100_0093.jpg

The covers fall off, but you don't need them, just make sure the little vent in the center of the magnet can breath, you can always get another headshell, the main thing is that the amp is in good working order, you might want to change filter caps & bias filters.:thu:

Archived