Bogner Uberkab

Chrisjd

• Members

Sounds like a decent deal, though I am not so sure of those gt 75's for hi gain.

No doubt it is a good cab though.

The v30/t75 combo does not suck at all. And it's killer for high gain.

• Members

I tried it and it got fizzy on me with some of my amps. With my Engl e530 it worked great, but my Dual Recto and Titan I had I wasn't happy with them.

• Members

This...and at 600 you should pick it up. It's not a steal, but it's a better deal than most. I've had mine for a couple years now and it's been outstanding.

• Members

I have one Chris, its a great cab BUT it does not gel well with a lot of amps. It is very dark and directional. Great for recording with the right amp, but not the best in a band setting. I honestly think the Splawn cabs are much better for live work.

• Members

Thanks for the replies, fellas. I happen to be a fan of Vintage 30s and I would probably prefer it with 4 of them instead of the x pattern, but we'll see how it goes. I can always swap I guess. I am thinking this cab will sound bitchin with the 6505....

• Members

I have one Chris, its a great cab BUT it does not gel well with a lot of amps. It is very dark and directional. Great for recording with the right amp, but not the best in a band setting. I honestly think the Splawn cabs are much better for live work.

Now that you've mentioned it, I recallthat I could say something like that about anything Bogner. I have an Uberschall at my practice place and while it sounds like an Uber with some cabs, it definitely lacks a LOT in sound with the others.

• Members

Why doesn't this POS forum let me multiquote anymore?

Nurp, I will give em a try.

Fred, my uber sounded like crap through a lot of cabs.

mhr, I agree, TONS of people use 75s for heavy stuff.

Matt, you sound a lot like me. I don't think splawn cabs are necessarily better, just a better value :lol:

• Members

chris, i been playing my uberkab for the past 5 yrs and its been my favorite cab and i owned a bunch of them, i really like it. i used it with both my bands when we played live.

600 seems like a good deal and im sure you will always get your money out of it, i would get it and hear it for yourself.

• Members
What's better than a Splawn cab? :poke:

I just picked up my 4th Mills cab today.;)

I'd gladly pay $600 for an Ubercab if it was in excellent condition. Change the T-75s to gk-100s though. I did this with my old ubercabs and liked it alot more.

• Members

Hey Tom, do you find it to be a uni-directional cab when playing in a band setting?

Not sure exactly what you mean but when we played live it wasn't too dark and it didn't have a laser beam projection, It filled the room and sounded big, even the outdoor shows I played it sounded good, some cabs I owned was thin sounding and didn't surround the room like the bogner does.

Hope that helps.

Archived