PRS of HCAF

fretless

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey got clips of the Lace pups ?

This is all I could find.

Pop demo for another band. Straight into my Toneport then processed with compression and verb. Think this was done in the No. 4 position if I'm remembering correctly. Excuse the limp wristed playing, I was just trying to come up with vocal melodies at the time. :poke:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1116412

• Members

This is all I could find.

Pop demo for another band. Straight into my Toneport then processed with compression and verb. Think this was done in the No. 4 position if I'm remembering correctly. Excuse the limp wristed playing, I was just trying to come up with vocal melodies at the time. :poke:

sounds good , Thanks man

• 7 months later...
  • Members

hey what kind of pup would you guys recommend for my 20th singlecut. It has 7's in there and I hate the bridge pup and want something better suited for searing metal with a tight and focused attack. I have 11's on there in dropped C if that helps.

• Members

jnurp - Try the Tremonti treble if you haven't, very articulate and focused pickup. I normally don't do high output but these work really well.

My number 1, a 2009 Ted McCarty SC245 w/ 57/08s....also has amber lampshade knobs now, they look so much classier and I ironically seem to be quicker to me than the Speed knobs.

IMG_20110219_092903.jpg

IMG_20110219_092920.jpg

IMG_20110217_214311.jpg

IMG_20110217_151755.jpg

My 2007 Tremonti II 10-top in Emerald Green, we're still getting to know each other.

IMG_20110508_133352.jpg

tre4.jpg

My old Custom 22, one of the fattest PRS necks I've ever played as well as one of the thickest sounding. w/ RP/MEII Pickups....I really miss this guitar.

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

• Members

hey what kind of pup would you guys recommend for my 20th singlecut. It has 7's in there and I hate the bridge pup and want something better suited for searing metal with a tight and focused attack. I have 11's on there in dropped C if that helps.

BK Painkiller. I have one in my SC250 and my Standard 22. Killer. If you want to stick with a PRS pup, the Tremonti Treble/SC250 treble are great. I just like the BK a little more.

• Members
I'm still gassin' for the Zach Myers sig.
:love:
That or the Catanese SE.

do et ! After a short time with my new SE it has impressive quality , I actually like it more than my old CE , for one it's feather weight and the CE was a ton .

• Members

do et ! After a short time with my new SE it has impressive quality , I actually like it more than my old CE , for one it's feather weight and the CE was a ton .

See, my singer has an SE SC, and I'd almost rather hold out and get a good deal on a CE22 or something. I've seen them with just plain gloss finishes in good condish around here for like $900. His SE just feels a lil "meh" to me. I still have time but yeah, haven't decided.

• Members

BK Painkiller. I have one in my SC250 and my Standard 22. Killer. If you want to stick with a PRS pup, the Tremonti Treble/SC250 treble are great. I just like the BK a little more.

im going to try that painkiller, everybody says amazing things about them. what are the tremonti pups like? I tend to like a really crystal clear sound and since im using a vht now, i have literally NO gain in my tone it is completely transparent and I would like a pup that would enhance that. THe 7 bridge is a muddy messy piece of {censored}.

• Members

See, my singer has an SE SC, and I'd almost rather hold out and get a good deal on a CE22 or something. I've seen them with just plain gloss finishes in good condish around here for like $900. His SE just feels a lil "meh" to me. I still have time but yeah, haven't decided.

try before you buy !

• Members

im going to try that painkiller, everybody says amazing things about them. what are the tremonti pups like? I tend to like a really crystal clear sound and since im using a vht now, i have literally NO gain in my tone it is completely transparent and I would like a pup that would enhance that. THe 7 bridge is a muddy messy piece of {censored}.

I really don't have alot of time with Tremonti pups. I've read (and looked at the specs) that the SC250 treble is basically the same with the tremonti being only slightly hotter. So when I swapped the the SC250 pup for the BK, I noticed that the BK, really brings the mids (which made it feel a hotter pickup - even though base on the output, it isn't), a little more snarl to the tone and more clarity and tighter in the lows.

Archived