Look at the size of these Guitar cabs!!!!

MetalMarlon

• Members

I guess Im the only one that thinks those look ridiculous . Pentagrams damn near always automatically mean the band displaying them is not a band Im interested in.

Those are silly. Must be for Dimmu or something equally as "ev

• Members

I guess Im the only one that thinks those look ridiculous . Pentagrams damn near always automatically mean the band displaying them is not a band Im interested in.

this.

I still like metal, but the imagery and the "metaltality" is pure cheese:facepalm:

• Members

Ok... before this thread gets out of hand.

They are custom work for the band Vader... go figure.

I do love the back custom work, very original.

l_a490aab09c1a495593afbc447ea77ab2.jpg

l_3c59a655a6e54e3e98f9b264424cc565.gif

But seriously no one needs cabs that big. It is stupid. If the guitars and even the bass has too much bass you can't hear any music or note definition.

I think this whole djent 7 string/ down tuned 7 string or even.... :facepalm: 8 string stuff is so stupid. Why do you even need a bass play at that rate? Really!!! No one can hear them when you have guitar cabs that are putting out that much bass. If anything losing the bass player would clean up the mix.

You don't need a 7 sting to sound heavy as long as you have a good bass player using a 5 sting bass. And the VAST majority of people with 7 stings are not using them for what they are really for, extended rage. It is so you can play stuff without having to change finger position on the guitar.

Ok, I'm ranting now... but seriously metal is just become a parody of itself. And no one needs guitar cabs that big.

• Members

Ok... before this thread gets out of hand.

They are custom work for the band Vader... go figure.

I do love the back custom work, very original.

l_a490aab09c1a495593afbc447ea77ab2.jpg

l_3c59a655a6e54e3e98f9b264424cc565.gif

But seriously no one needs cabs that big. It is stupid. If the guitars and even the bass has too much bass you can't hear any music or note definition.

I think this whole djent 7 string/ down tuned 7 string or even....
:facepalm:
8 string stuff is so stupid. Why do you even need a bass play at that rate? Really!!! No one can hear them when you have guitar cabs that are putting out that much bass. If anything losing the bass player would clean up the mix.

You don't need a 7 sting to sound heavy as long as you have a good bass player using a 5 sting bass. And the VAST majority of people with 7 stings are not using them for what they are really for, extended rage. It is so you can play stuff without having to change finger position on the guitar.

Ok, I'm ranting now... but seriously metal is just become a parody of itself. And no one needs guitar cabs that big.

The cabs really aren't that big, just slightly over-sized 412s - and the 810 really isn't any bigger than a Peavey 215. Live, they probably only mic up one of the guitar cabs and run the bass direct, but regardless all those cabs make a cool backdrop. If it was me I'd have 3 cabs (412) across and 3 cabs high on both sides of the drum riser with bass cabs on the outside.

m/:mad:m/

• Members

You don't need a 7 sting to sound heavy as long as you have a good bass player using a 5 sting bass.

Sooo.....if adding an extra lower string to a guitar doesn't make it heavier, why do you then need an extra low string for the bass?

Archived