What amp/effects did the Orgy dude use?

thefyn

• Members

Uh, I always most of their stuff is heavily altered guitar with actual synths sprinkled in. I mean, they have 2 guitar player, no dedicated synth player.
:idk:

Fail. Amir Derakh played guitar synth. All the time. 13 pin pickup to a GR30, then a GR33, then a VG88. Also, 13pin to MIDI to sound modules. :thu:

• Members

I have the G707 BASS!!! Here's proof!!!

4921_1157580466223_1429107487_30417612_4

No bass-synthing for you!!!!! Where's mah dinnah, beyotch????? :poke:

I liked Orgy back in the day, and they WERE different...and I liked Stitches. I think their downfall was that they came out (pun intended? no?), it was still in the middle of Trent Reznor's heyday. In between The Downward Spiral and The Fragile, and whatnot. Orgy's disc was cool, but it didn't touch either one of those two cds.

• Members

Dude, those guys are gear slave masters. Good luck. It prolly changes day to day.

Yeah I don't doubt it. Still amazed by how good they were live:

[YOUTUBE]sJGWwUqZuSI[/YOUTUBE]

I've never heard any live clips before this thread.

• Members

I've never heard any live clips before this thread.

I found them because I had that Family Values '98 video. They had a few good songs on there. I was almost disappointed in the CD when I got it, because they definitely changed up the songs live, in a good way...

• Members

I found them because I had that Family Values '98 video. They had a few good songs on there. I was almost disappointed in the CD when I got it, because they definitely changed up the songs live, in a good way...

Tidy.

I just won the chorus for $27 shipped.

I tried tonight with a digitech flanger and a phaser but I could not get anything good out of those (some half decent power chords but not leads). Hopefully the chorus will get me that spacey sound. I have 2 hooks they will be perfect for.

I'm excited about the fuzz. I experimented with a double muff and a MXR distortion but it sounded pretty crappy.

• Members

Tidy.

I just won the chorus for $27 shipped.

I tried tonight with a digitech flanger and a phaser but I could not get anything good out of those (some half decent power chords but not leads). Hopefully the chorus will get me that spacey sound. I have 2 hooks they will be perfect for.

I'm excited about the fuzz. I experimented with a double muff and a MXR distortion but it sounded pretty crappy.

I am not a big fan of Flanger or Phaser either. The best Flangers generally sound like Chorus, since they are almost the same thing :lol:

Archived