HOLY SHNIKEY!!! NAD

turckster

• Members

I had been debating on getting either a Marshall DSL or Jet City 50watter. After reading the many posts on this forum about the Jet City amps and watching some of Fastredponycar's vids(awesome by the way:thu:), I decided -screw it, buyin' the Jet City amp.

FedEx dropped it off saturday but I couldn't spend much personal time with it until today. Its a sweet lookin amp, sounds awesome at low volumes as well. Of course, the more volume the better, neighbors are not liking that part.

Next thing, I guess, is to change out the tubes.

jetcity50.jpg

• Members

Why are you changing the tubes? Jet City uses the same tubes MANY other manufacturers use. There arent anything wrong with them. On occassion there will be a bad tube , but that can be said for any tube company . Theres no reason to replace perfectly good tubes because people on HCAF make you think it HAS to be done to make the amp really shine .

If you like the way it sounds , play the {censored} out of it and save your money

• Members

The amp has got a little noise in the background, same with guitar cable unplugged. The noise is on both clean and overdrive channels regardless of gain. I'm thinking it could be the tubes. Other than the noise, the amp sounds killer.

Why are you changing the tubes? Jet City uses the same tubes MANY other manufacturers use. There arent anything wrong with them. On occassion there will be a bad tube , but that can be said for any tube company . Theres no reason to replace perfectly good tubes because people on HCAF make you think it HAS to be done to make the amp really shine .

If you like the way it sounds , play the {censored} out of it and save your money

• Members

Nice!! I just found out one of my local shops carries JCA now and they have a 50 watter in stock; I need to go check it out.

My buddy has a Blackstar HT-100 on the way too; can't wait to check that beast out. There are some ridiculously good amps coming out these days for dirt cheap :love:

• Members

Nice!! I just found out one of my local shops carries JCA now and they have a 50 watter in stock; I need to go check it out.

My buddy has a Blackstar HT-100 on the way too; can't wait to check that beast out.
There are some ridiculously good amps coming out these days for dirt cheap
:love:

No kidding!! Man, no matter what style one plays, there is a nice, GREAT sounding, quality amp for little dough. What a cool time to be a guitar player :cool:

Archived