Map review: Titan Custom 100

Chrisjd

• Members

I never had problems with the carbon copy in the loop of my amps. The Eventide Timefactor is a great digital delay. I have a Strymon Brigadier dBucket and a Strymon El Capistan dTape Echo coming next week too. Can't wait for those. On the cheaper end. The Hardwire is supposed to be pretty good as is a used Boss RV-3 - delay/reverb.

• Members

+1 I dig my hardwire delay. I like it better than the delay in my nova system. It also sounds very good in the loop of all my amps.

as far as the loop, you know it's SS if there's an empty preamp tube hole in the chassis.

I've found I like the sound a bit more using lower gain preamp tubes like 12AT7's or 5751's. Also, the bias can make a pretty significant impact on the overall sound.

Does yours have the contour knob? If not, it needs one to truly unlock the eq'ing potential the titan has.

• Members

+1 I dig my hardwire delay. I like it better than the delay in my nova system. It also sounds very good in the loop of all my amps.

as far as the loop, you know it's SS if there's an empty preamp tube hole in the chassis.

I've found I like the sound a bit more using lower gain preamp tubes like 12AT7's or 5751's. Also, the bias can make a pretty significant impact on the overall sound.

Does yours have the contour knob? If not, it needs one to truly unlock the eq'ing potential the titan has.

Cool. Yes it has the contour knob. I like it around 10:00 so far.

Is it just me, or does this head have an absurd amount of gain?

• Members

Cool. Yes it has the contour knob. I like it around 10:00 so far.

Is it just me, or does this head have an absurd amount of gain?

yeah it's pretty redonkulous. I gig with the gain at 2 on the dial :lol: Boost when needed. This is with a 5751 in V1, V2, a 12AT7 in V3 and a 12AX7 in the PI.

My contour typically sits around 9 o'clock.

I usually use the clean channel in crunch mode with the preamp gain down at like... 1 and the volume up way past where the lead channel's is. I think it sounds bigger/fatter/fuller in the crunch mode w/the gain dialed all the way out.

Archived