Framus public service announcement

wwhhaatt

• Members

DO NOT USE THE HANDLE!
Last week I was carrying the amp on my shoulder and when I went to put it on the ground I grabbed the handle and...snap. It fell about 4 feet onto the concrete. It works fine but holy {censored}.

The worst part is I almost never use the handle and I bought the amp new so this is not a wear and tear problem. Just a {censored}ty handle

• Members

i have heard other people snap cobra handles. THey are so {censored}ing comfortable to use when picking up the amp but its a pain in the ass when you want to stack something on top of that head, you cant. sorry your head took the plunge, im quite surprised it still worked.

• Members

true story:

At the first Austin Ampfest, Josh brought along a Framus Greenback loaded cab. He was trying to prove how poorly their products are made.

All he had to do was push the top corner and you could see the entire cab flex. Wasn't an abused cabinet either.

He actually offered it for sale to people, but talked most of us out of it, due to the Framus construction.

• Members

I thought it sounded good when we had amps hooked up to it :idk:

but watching it flex... :lol:

That was about the last moment that I lusted after anything Framus. I will say, the Cobra is one of my favorite high gainers. If I played Machine Head like br00tz, I would own a TITAN or a Cobra for sure. Then I would annihilate the earth.

• Members

Ive owned the amp for six years with no problems and it took a hell of a fall when the handle broke. The tolex is thin but I think the rest of the "reliability problems" are user error. I have no experience with the cabs though

• Members

Their guitars are really well build IMO. Especially for the price.

I have an 212 and think it's decent. True about the tolex being thin. But other than that and the not so great wires (which is a problem with many manufacturers) it seems good to me :idk:

Archived