NBAD (New Boutiquey Amp Day) w/gut shots!

Valtiel

• Members

This amp has been 6 months in the making and she is finally done! My amp tech posted pics on Facebook today:

"Laying in components for the power section of Morgan's Uptown 33. Pins 1 and 8 are tied together to a 1-ohm resistor. With pins 1 and 8 tied together, this machine can operate with 6L6 or EL34 power tubes. The 1-ohm resistor gives us a test point to measure cathode current with a voltmeter."
Uptown1.jpg

"Screen resistors flown from un-used pin 6 to pin 4. 2W flame-proof device and 600V teflon coated wire for safety and longevity.
Screen resistors are typically 100-ohms to 1k. 470-ohms being the norm for Fender and 1k for Marshalls. In a higher wattage design best to use a 5W flame-proof device."
Uptown2.jpg

Uptown3.jpg

Uptown4.jpg

inb4ihatepurple. :wave:

• Members

That looks so awesome. So what kind of tones can you get out of it? (high gain... mid gain...)

It is pure Fender Deluxe with a mid control on the clean channel and the Lead channel is Hot-Rod Marshall Plexi with a smoother top end.

• Members
I like the purple. I am curious about the masking tape over the caps. To keep them together, to prevent seeing the values? Weird.

It's been like that since he started the amp. Obviously they aren't going to stay there and it wasn't to hide anything. I'll make sure to ask this weekend. :thu:

• Members

Blame Matt, he's the one who let the bro's out.
And did I mention I'd love to rape that amp? SIIHB and all that shizz.

The bold text is actually a serious comment. Are you gonna upload some clips for us, or just let us salivate over pics and hidden values?

Haha! Once my studio project is setup i'll try for some sweet clips. I may take video too when I try it out this weekend.

• Members

now now, let's not get all Doug on us, knucklefux. I mean, I'm sure you can rock the designer jeans better, but that's no reason to act like Ace Frehley bitching about pins.

:wave::lol:

SMP3U0u-vtQ
yzKIZrBDqfA

BTW, Val, this is totally on topic. This is what happens when you get a little too much Marshall, rock n' roll, and booze in your diet. Plus it's funny as hell.

• Members

BTW, Val, this is totally on topic. This is what happens when you get a little too much Marshall, rock n' roll, and booze in your diet. Plus it's funny as hell.

ROFLROFL

don't worry. i'm not prone to "dougie aggression" :lol:

also, i have never.EVER.worn designer jeans. high fashion for me is jeans without grease stains on them.

and NOT bacon/donut/french fry grease like mr dumble, i'm talking about petroleum based grease not unlike the stuff that's floating around destroying ecosystems in the gulf :lol:

/threadjack.

HNBAD val :thu:

Archived