I have a new name - formerly Jet City Amps

Seattle Doug

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Hi HCAF members. I decided to change my name. I've been posting here as Jet City Amps for a year. I'm 1/3 owner of that company, in charge of product, marketing, and money matters.

And I am also starting a new company, WhiteBox Engineering, in the next week (or so). I want to be active here representing both companies, but the problem is, I'm giving some people the impression that WhiteBox is part of Jet City - it isn't.
:facepalm:

So from now on, I will just post as MYSELF, Seattle Doug. As usual I promise to avoid spamming and will be here to answer questions and gather market intelligence.

Let the flames begin.

can i send u my resume?

• Members

Electric guitars. Locked thread. Looks like he handled it pretty well but i understand admins have to cya.

...and if that guy talks like he types, sounds like he belongs in a b rated horror film.

Thanks, man it was pretty {censored}ty. I know the mods have to cover their asses. He posted it here in the local Craiglslist flaming me and asking if it belonged to anyone. I posted too, and left my e-maill address for any questions. Have a potential buyer because of his asshattery. {censored}ing drama.

• Members

...Do tell.

Dolf, I have an old guitar that somebody, years ago it appears, scratched off the serial # and covered it in white out. USA Hamer. I listed it cheap, and showed all the pics showing the headstock and what happened. 1 guy got pissed, and made some accusations about it being stolen. Mods closed it after he did tons of posts calling me names and accusing me of being dishonest. Life goes on, In understand the point. The mods were just doing their job. Really stupid. The guy has like 70 posts, and causing trouble.

• Members
Man... I dunno. I have to build cabinets 10 at a time to justify setting up the saws to cut the baffles. If I knew I could sell 10... Why not? But I'm dubious...

:confused:

hmm. . . very understandable. however, marketed the right way (one shows up on a boris / electric wizard / sunn video) they would sell like crazy. :lol:

• Members
that guy was a pice of {censored} dude, i witnessed that thread.

doug: the 2 channel 20w. please elaborate
:love:

I'm a dumbs*t for talking about this stuff too soon. It won't be ready until the first of the year and I already have a reputation for announcing too early.

Go plug your Pico into your Jetstream Iso and then I will talk about the 22H.

• Members

Doug, What kinda speakers are you gonna be loading in those cabs?

Do you have any agreements with anyone? Celestion? Eminence? WGS? Other? Can you give us an idea of price on the cabs?

1x12?

2x12?

4x12?

Yeah Jimmy, I have pretty much any Eminence all the time. I have V30 and K100 in stock, thinking about other Celestions.

WGS.... Maybe! Need to contact them if I start selling some cabs.

• Members

do the white box cabs have uk distro yet Doug??

I'll definitely rock one of those if they're coming over.

Well... There's no distribution as these are factory direct. But I am thinking about building some at a cabinet shop in England too. Until then you could buy from the US store but shipping would be a lot!

Archived