I have a new name - formerly Jet City Amps

Seattle Doug

• Members

Doug who is in charge of getting product out to stores?

GC is a distributor for you guys. Back around President's day the two GC's around me each had 1 JCA20 and a cab. Since those sold they haven't gotten anymore. Is it up to the stores to order them?

I have two partners, the Soldano, and another who is in charge of sales. Man, that's a big puzzle. GC orders sporadically, and the like to load up with our stuff at holidays. I'll just say I'm glad that's not my bailiwick...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Word is, Doug hand carved mine from a single piece of wood from a 200 year old sunken Norwegian fisherman's boat
:o

Yes, and I believe that they all will be hand carved from some sort of ancient relic.. Mine will be carved from the ark of the covenant.. You know, the one that Indiana Jones found and took away from the Nazi guys..

• Members

So "Seattle Doug" (must get used to :cool: ), here's my JCA20H demo. I tought it would be interesting to play the same tunes with the stock tubes, and then my personal mix (V1: 12AX7 RFT, V2: 12AT7 RFT, V3: 12AX7 EH and a pair of JJ EL84 ).
I have to admit, there's no reason to be ashamed of the stock tubes.

[YOUTUBE]PtiV9ox7jAU[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Woah! That's awesome. Nice chops, too! Can we put this on our YouTube page, PLEASE?

About the stock tubes, here's my philosophy: we are at prices where we will be a lot of people's first tube amp. So, they don't know the difference between this tube or that tube, and the tubes we use are just fine for them.
But our amps are also quite serious, and for the real players may already HAVE a tube preference. I don't want to spend more $ to deliver with one brand of tube when a lot of guys will just replace them anyway. I figure we will ship with the basics, and then tell people to go visit www.valvequeen.com when they know what they PREFER.

Laura, you are welcome for the plug here.

• Members
You are the man.

I try to speak candidly here, so... here goes. A couple years ago when we started cooking this up, the Soldano would always say; "more gain??? how much gain do these people want??? we have PLENTY of gain ok???"

and now, a year into the business, the Soldano is digging what we are doing and what we have accomplished. And so now he says "well, if that's what the players want, let's do it!".

so, give it a bit more time, but, more gain cometh. :p

• Members
This. I've been dying to try the 50 or 100. None of the stores around me have them.
:mad::cry:

That's probably because they get bought up shortly after arriving.. I bought both of mine online.. Being that JCA really does live up to the hype, it's not much of a gamble IMO..

Archived