ITT: We Reminisce of the old days.

Gary Cohn

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Dunno if it was popular in USA but here, in Quebec, this was huge in the eighties

goldorak.jpg

goldorak_37.jpg

Talk about timing, look at the post above you. :cool:

Mazinga was one of my favorite toys for the longest time, and I loved the Shogun Warrior comics. I had one that was a team up with them and thr Fantastic Four that I read again, and, again, and again, etc...:thu:

ShogunFF.JPG

• Members
Haha, that was the "living ice" right?

Yes! I had the above kit as well as this one:

DAAboxback.JPG

{censored}ing LOVED that {censored}!!!!! :thu:

Also, one of my kits had the red "Living Ice". I remember tossing a glob of that into my bedroom ceiling fan on high speed, and it just made this bright red, gelatinous skid mark across the ceiling and totally {censored}ed up the paint! My mother was {censored}ing furious! :lol:

I still have the skeletons from the Secret Froth kit, somewhere.

• Members

Now, I understand they were legally required to have those reflectors on there stock...but....as if the bike isn't hideous enough, those massive reflectors in the spokes are just pure evil ugly!!!

Ahhh bmx bikes

Yeah, well. The shops had to sell the bikes with the reflectors and the chain guard in place. They got removed just as soon as we got them home.

Yeah. That was the ugliest bike in the world. I loved it dearly, though. Looking back at the shoddy construction & substandard materials, though... I'm terribly surprised I didn't die doing some of the stuff I tried on it.

Archived