ITT: We Reminisce of the old days.

Gary Cohn

• Members

{censored} yeah teatherball! I remember I got a teatherball for christmas in 3rd grade. I had to practice to make sure I could run the courts at school lol. I even had a leather glove with the fingers cut off (your hands felt like they would shatter in the mornings against that hard leather ball).

Product-Curl_f01-Jpg.aspx

and only the g's had this {censored}
edit, {censored} no hotlinking, it was turbo graphics 16 with bonks adventure

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Um,

WHAT

THE

{censored}

IS

THAT???

I didn't know it was THE first. I just read on the website it was the computer that goofy kid had in that WarGames movie. But yea. My uncle had the IMSAI with the |CPM operating system, 5 1/4" floppy disk, telemodem and several rather amazing perpherals. Including one where you could supply control voltages for making models work and that sort of thing. I think it first sparked my interest in electronic engineering. You could also write multitrack music as a very primitive form of MIDI. No master keyboards in them days, it was all programmed sound.

The Amstrad wasn't good at either of those, but the build in BASIC OS was a good programming environment and the |CPM addon was better, just like the IMSAI one.

Of course the Amiga pwned everything until PCs/Macs got into their game.

• Members

This TV series, based on some series of books for young boys, was extremely popular here:
8405004.jpg
Like McGywer's Swiss army knife, everyone had to have one of these. Total dissapointment, though: the thing was blunter than knives that you use to put butter on sandwiches - the compass pointed to random directions and broke in few days. The matches never lighted up. :lol:
3560354_73a7021190_m.jpeg

Tried to find a photo but only came up with this... Anyone still remember when "driving simulators" were like this...?
PywVskxcc5k

:love:
ViewMaster_red_with_reel.jpg

• Members
All of the Mad Scientist Labs, but especially this one

monsterlab.jpg
AND {censored} YES TO KENNY POWERS WITH BONK'S ADVENTURE!!

you know that clear goo thing you could make from that set? I remember the day I lost mine... I pretended to throw it at a passing date rape van, and it went flying out of my hand and stuck right to the side of it. The van slammed on its breaks, and i bolted lol. stupid 6 year old kid...

and :rawk: to the bonk respect!

• Members

you know that clear goo thing you could make from that set? I remember the day I lost mine... I pretended to throw it at a passing date rape van, and it went flying out of my hand and stuck right to the side of it. The van slammed on its breaks, and i bolted lol. stupid 6 year old kid...

Haha, that was the "living ice" right?

Archived