Smokes

mhr74

• Members

used to be either marb greens or parliament methol lights, but both taste like {censored} now so ive picked up camel menthol silver (also dumping money on l&m's, pall malls, or anything cheap when short on cash).

this recent cold bout ive gotten this weekend may just be the thing i need to quit

• Members

I've been without cigarettes for 6 1/2 years now but I smoked almost any brand I could find over the 19 years I did smoke. Started out on the cheapo ultra-lights I stole from my Pop, to Marlboro lights in junior high school, to Camel filters most of the time afterward. Before I quit I was rolling either Drum or Jester. I loved that Dutch tobacco!! Every now and then I'd buy a pack of Gauloise or steal my wife's Camel Wide Lights. I liked a good cigar, too, and they are what I miss most since I quit smoking. I tell you what, weed or crack are probably cheaper to smoke than good cigars....

• Members

as someone who has never smoked (me), how did you quit? from what I understand, its really hard................just curious.

I quit when I got pneumonia one early spring day. 3 days of struggling to breathe through the approx. 10 gallons of phlegm meant I was too sick to smoke. After my lungs cleared I said " It's been 3 days, why not make it a week?" One week became 2 weeks, then a month, and so on and so forth. I was a miserable bastard for the first 18 months or so due to craving a smoke every day. Finally one night after drinking a couple bottles of good red wine I bummed a cig from Mrs. Ironhand. After gagging on the first lungful I growled, " WTF is THIS?? This tastes horrible!!!" Again and again I tried to smoke the nasty thing, only to choke on the flavor....

Haven't wanted one since!

• Members

Used to do Marlboro reds, or Grand Prix full flavors when I had no money. My girlfriend was on my ass about it, so I bet her I could go a week without one. I did, and after the week, they just tasted kinda gross. I'll have a drag off of one every now and then, thinking it will be good, but it just grosses me out.

• Members

Marlboro Lights. Had to quit smoking though. I had the beginnings of leukoplakia on my tongue and was starting to get gnarly gingivitus from smoking. Used some left over Chantix I had from a previous effort and quit for good. For being such a good boy, I treated myself to some new stuff. I Got this today: IM002821.jpg
And got this on it's way: 754696.jpg

• Members

years ago I spent 4 days in prison in Seattle (Everett), I had no money to buy smokes so they gave me the "prison tobacco". it was called "Top", it came in a plain paper pouch with a cartoon picture of a spinning top on it. I swear to god that {censored} gave me a buzz, for about 2-3 minutes, then a headache. I don't wtf was in it but it was strangest tobacco I've ever smoked.

Archived