OT: best shred axe

fretless

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't like the new prestige rgs as much as the older (MIJ though) rgs. The volute and slightly fatter necks on the mid range models annoys me. I dont mind volutes usually i just dont expect them on an ibanez...

haha I had a rg2570 awhile back so i'm speaking from personal experience. I also actually like the v8/v7 more than the dimarzio/ibz type pickups they put on some of the higher up models (like the 2570) so not worth the extra unless you like the asthetic. :o They where just a bit muddy and dull sounding to me.. The neck pickup was alright but i didnt like the bridge dimarzio/ibz. Keep in mind i dont like the v series that much either i just put up with them cause im a lazy bastard when it comes to changing pickups. I'll get them all replaced eventually.

• Members

It really depends.... Do yo want it to look like the ultimate shred guitar or be the ultimate shred guitar? I mean, Paul Gilbert can shred on anything, Yngwie uses a Strat, and Greg Howe has used Strats and currently a Laguna....

Honestly, the best and fastest neck I've ever played on is from my Parker Nitefly. Literally, it's like greased lightening. Truly, you may not like the looks, but you probably can't find a faster playing guitar anywhere.

Archived