OT: best shred axe

fretless

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Whatever you're most comfortable playing. For example i like ibanez super thin necks but i had a kramer focus 6000 made by esp and it had a different neck profile completely and i just didnt get on with it, it was a great guitar but wasnt for me. While others are the other way around and cant stand ibanez necks. I understand completely why! I also love my fender hm strat neck thats great for shred!

The reason i didnt get on with the kramer i had was i dont mind thicker necks but if there going to be thicker they need to be rounder and more fender style for me to get on with them.. if that makes sense... haha.

Anyway its completely personal taste to what brand your most comfortable with as to whats best for shredding on.

• Members

Whatever you're most comfortable playing. For example i like ibanez super thin necks but i had a kramer focus 6000 made by esp and it had a different neck profile completely and i just didnt get on with it, it was a great guitar but wasnt for me. While others are the other way around and cant stand ibanez necks. I understand completely why! I also love my fender hm strat neck thats great for shred!

The reason i didnt get on with the kramer i had was i dont mind thicker necks but if there going to be thicker they need to be rounder and more fender style for me to get on with them.. if that makes sense... haha.

Anyway its completely personal taste to what brand your most comfortable with as to whats best for shredding on.

You are right but I'm not too picky in fact I like a guitar to be different from another one I might have . I do have a Focus 2000 and love it , it's a Fender type neck , sm/med frets 10" radius and OFR , made by ESP and rocks big time . But I've been on the fence about a Charvel So Cal or some other shredder , IDK :blah::evil:

• Members

You are right but I'm not too picky in fact I like a guitar to be different from another one I might have . I do have a Focus 2000 and love it , it's a Fender type neck , sm/med frets 10" radius and OFR , made by ESP and rocks big time . But I've been on the fence about a Charvel So Cal or some other shredder , IDK
:blah::evil:

Kramer neck profiles can vary i've heard, mine was like flat but fatter than ibanez and jackson necks if that makes sense haha. I loved the guitar itself though it looked badass and the trem was :love: infact if i found one where i could guarantee a different more fender like neck profile with a maple fretboard when i have money i'd be all over it!

I wouldnt even say i'm that pick it just didnt get on with me. It gave me cramps in my thumb when i was fretting stuff just didnt fit me but it was one of these times i really wanted to get on with a guitar and took me awhile to finally decide to sell it. It was an odd thing..

Anyways thought i'd add some pics in here.. The camera and the photographer suck though..

Fender HM Strat! Epic win :thu:

hpim0910t.jpg

Beat up mahogany rg520qs. Was beat up when i got it and was kinda misold because i thought it was in better condition but it sounds and plays so good that i had to keep it and yes i had this guitar in reach when i was drunk with stickers...

hpim0916.jpg

My S440. Like the 540s but with less eye candy and v series pickups that i will on day get around to replacing. Edge Trem too .

hpim0918k.jpg

My pride and joy Ibanez RG550DY with dimarzio tone zone/true velvet/air norton. Bit of an oddball this one its actually a 1998 rg550 dy reissue with super wizard skunk stripe all access neck etc.

hpim0924.jpg

And heres the kramer i was talking about that i sold...

hpim0885.jpg

Archived