Preamp tube problems, rattle, etc...

dgc480

• Members

I just bought a used Fender blues deluxe. I was getting really bad buzz from the preamp tubes in V1 and V2, but mainly in V1. So I replaced them with some of my own tubes, and I'm still getting a buzz from the preamp tube in V1, no matter what tube I put in it. Is this amp just rattling the tubes??

Something that's really worrying me, is that now when I hit a low powerchord very hard on the guitar, the amp pops and crackles, cutting in and out. This wasn't happening before I switched tubes around. Is this a tube??

• Members

I'm sure the preamp tubes are what are rattling, because I squeezed them while holding a note and the rattling stopped. What I'm really worried about is the amp crackling and cutting out when I strum a really hard guitar chord. Any ideas what this could be???

• Members

ok so I took out the ruby 12AX7AC7 HGs and replaced the original fender GT12AX7s back in and vioala. The tubes still rattle, but at least it's not crapping out on me. It's strange though because those same ruby tubes work fine in my Carvin MTS. For some reason the blues deville just doesn't like those tubes....wierd. There must be a better explaination than that, but for now I'm just happy that it's working.

Oh, and there was one fender tube in particular that was rattling that I replaced with a GT 12AX7R, and that about fixed the tube rattle too. The blues deville must just not like those Ruby Tubes.....strange b/c they're the best of the bunch haha.

• Members

My orange RV combo would have shaken itself to bits.

Builders need to isolate the amp a bit more from the speakers iMO. Especially in combos.

Mine suffered from tube rattle. I got severely hacked off with it. I like my rigs to function properly. I sold the combo.

Archived