I need a clean-ish amp solution for studio work. whats out there that doesn't suck?

Fendert

• Members

I'm doing some studio work and I have an AC15c1 that covers me great in the higher gain neighborhood, at least the most gain I ever need. I have a fender De Ville 2x12 that I love around 3 to 5 and a half, but of course it too loud. is there anything that will get me those kind of tones, at somewhat reasonable volumes.

I came across a blues deluxe RI for about $380 would that still be to much volume?

Thanks guys!:thu:

• Members

you HAVE the perfect amp for great clean sounds in the studio. turn down the volume knob on your guitar with your ac15.

I agree it does boast some nice clean chime, especially with the normal channel at about 11 o'clock with the guitar volume at about 4, but I love that sound i'm getting out of my deville, punchy cleans with a hint of break up, my vox has a great sound of its own, but I want a wider sound pallet for these tracks

• Members

I agree it does boast some nice clean chime, especially with the normal channel at about 11 o'clock with the guitar volume at about 4, but I love that sound i'm getting out of my deville, punchy cleans with a hint of break up, my vox has a great sound of its own, but I want a wider sound pallet for these tracks

fair nuf- you could try diming the master on the vox and dropping guitar volume further, or just re-eqing pretty radically too- or even better-- just putting a different cab on the vox. not that you can't get killer sounds out of other amps for sure.. but outside stuff like champs or princetons-- not much'll be in the same volume territory in the fender camp that i could think of.. you could try a thd univalve too, which'd give you 6l6 sounds- just single ended, if you can find one anywheres...

• Members

fair nuf- you could try diming the master on the vox and dropping guitar volume further, or just re-eqing pretty radically too- or even better-- just putting a different cab on the vox. not that you can't get killer sounds out of other amps for sure.. but outside stuff like champs or princetons-- not much'll be in the same volume territory in the fender camp that i could think of.. you could try a thd univalve too, which'd give you 6l6 sounds- just single ended, if you can find one anywheres...

Champ XD any good? or crap?

• Members

for studio work for cleans? princeton reverb. they sound HUGE recorded. also, swart space tone reverb sounds amazing as well.

Yeah I have Heard the same, unfortunately they are just out of my price range, I saw a sliverface for around $650, but I dont want to spend that and then another $100 on new tubes

• Members

Yeah I have Heard the same, unfortunately they are just out of my price range, I saw a sliverface for around $650, but I dont want to spend that and then another $100 on new tubes

find a used reissue '65 princeton reverb. should be able to get for around $600 or so.

pro jrs are awesome amps and you could put a jensen P10R in there and have a great sound. a C10R will be a bit more scooped and the P10R will sound a bit warmer. hell, you could get both and go back and forth with them. anyways, those pro Jrs sound great clean and cranked. still, for those HUGE clean sounds, the princeton reverb is my favorite. all that looseness translates into a huge sound when mic'd up. huge.

Archived