v30's or p50's with a fortin

devilinside

• Members
Got a new bones and will be running it through a vht FB. Which speakers?

If you can afford that amp you can afford to try both.:idea:

Seriously though, speakers and cabs are a matter of taste. One size doesn't fit all so if you can, play it through some different cabs and speaker combos to figure out which one suits you the best. The VHT might not be your thing even compared to the same speakers in a different cab, gotta find the amp/cab/speaker combo that fits your taste through trial and error.

• Members
I would vote for anything over a V30...
I hate those {censored}ing things.
Im also a HUUUGE eminence fan, so, even though Ive never heard p50es before, those would be my choice lol.

Oh come on raf... thats what Im getting for the 5150 :cop:

You'll love it :idea:

• Members

I don't think that you can go wrong either way, really.

The Fortin is a really well-balanced amp on its own, so it doesn't have the weird peaks and valleys that make other amps (like the high-mid scoop of a recto or the spike of a Marshall), so you've really got room to choose speakers with widely different characteristics without overemphasizing any one frequency range.

My Bones has sounded equally good through 75 clones AND V30 clones, so I'd bet that a balanced speaker like a P50 would sound just as good as a mid-heavy speaker like a V30.

Also, the Deep and Presence controls are really effective, so it's easy to dial in solid tones, regardless of speaker.

• Members

Yep its official, definitely going with 30's. They just had a thicker overall tone than the p50's, and yes keith I really need to make a trip back to clemson because you've got quite the collection of cabs and amps. I sure am digging the bones with the 6560/EL34 mix through the vht with celestions. The DSL sounded Damn good through it as well. Thanks for the comments guys.

Archived