GSP...

Oblivion DC

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was a great fight. Koscheck kept whining about this and that during the fight (fingers in the eye, low blow, slipped on something on the mat, etc). GSP put a knot in Koscheck's eye EARLY in the first round, and kept jabbing at it the entire 5 rounds. I don't think GSP wanted to go for a knockout - I think he wanted Koscheck to suffer.

• Members

before the chael sonnen fight, i was convinced that anderson silva was unbeatable and that GSP would get his ass handed to him, in short order, should he step in the octagon with silva.

now, i'm not so sure. i think it really depends on how GSP gains the weight.

• Members

Silva vs GSP is a very unfair match up for GSP.

He's the best welter weight in the world, but he's said himself he walks around at roughly 189. Most middle weights walk around somewhere around 200-210. Silva is somewhere around 215. Plus, we have no idea how GSP's speed will be effected with all the extra weight. To put on solid muscle, it would still take at least a year for him to get up to where he needs to be to fight successfully at middle-weight.

Silva has done welterweight fights before, years ago, so it might be fairer on both sides to do a catch weight fight.

Either way, I'd still prefer to see Silva and Bones Jones go at it. Seems like a more even fight, weight wise

• Members

He's the best welter weight in the world, but he's said himself he walks around at roughly 189. Most middle weights walk around somewhere around 200-210. Silva is somewhere around 215. Plus, we have no idea how GSP's speed will be effected with all the extra weight. To put on solid muscle, it would still take at least a year for him to get up to where he needs to be to fight successfully at middle-weight.

Silva has done welterweight fights before, years ago, so it might be fairer on both sides to do a catch weight fight.

Either way, I'd still prefer to see Silva and Bones Jones go at it. Seems like a more even fight, weight wise

I see Anderson Silva moving up to 205 before GSP ever gets a chance to be a real threat at 185. I love me some GSP but the MW division is a lot more stacked than WW is- he's gonna have some wars brought to him.

• Members

how was it awesome, he fought a one eyed brawler for 25 minutes and didnt finish him. He basically sparred with a punching bag for 5 rounds. He looked phenominal but enough is enough, this guy has to start finishing top guys if he wants the legacy that FEdor, Wanderlei and Anderson Silva have already cemented.

• Members

Weight wise you might be right, but weight doesn't mean everything as seen in the Lesnar vs. Cain match.

GSP has fantastic wrestling which is Silva's big weakness. Silva couldn't pull of a last minute submission on GSP like he did on Sonnen. I actually think GSP would be very likely to win if he could keep Silva on the ground like Sonnen did.

Bones vs. Silva would be a great match, but I don't know if that is ever going to happen considering how slow they are giving Bones good fights.

• Members

how was it awesome, he fought a one eyed brawler for 25 minutes and didnt finish him. He basically sparred with a punching bag for 5 rounds. He looked phenominal but enough is enough, this guy has to start finishing top guys if he wants the legacy that FEdor, Wanderlei and Anderson Silva have already cemented.

That one eyed punching bag was a fully functional aggressive threat at the start of the event. Kudos to GSP for taking Kos out of his game, making him one-dimensional and picking him apart for 5 rounds. And even though Kos only had one good eye for most of the fight, he was still dangerous to stand in front of and might have still pulled it out against a less disciplined opponent. (imo)

Archived