I just said goodbye to playing the guitar :'(

Boris the Blade

• Members

im totally feeling the TS, i really dont even play my guitar anymore lately im all about my synths now. I go thru this phase every 2 years or so and it usually lasts a year and then i come crawling back to my guitars barely able to play a power chord.

• Members

I have a room dedicated to my guitars at my house. nothing but amps/guitars/computers... when was the last time I played in there? {censored}, months, and that was just a brief spell. When I play these days, its just when I grab my acoustic that I keep next the couch. its {censored}ing said to think about the $15k worth of gear in that other room, just collecting dust. But between working 40-50 hours per week, training bjj 10 hours per week, and trying to maintain a healthy relationship with the GF, I just dont have the time or energy. fffffuuuuuuuuuu

• Members

lol thanks for the mojo guys. i know i will come back to guitar eventually. Priorities first though. I am really digging playing my organ right now though so it will keep me occupied rather than just sitting around not doing anything musically. Once i get caught up financially I will probably pick up another guitar and amp. But who knows, maybe i will love the organ so much i might not! but i doubt that :p i'd play both instruments just like i was.

yes this organ is pretty heavy. i think the hammond m3 weighed in at about 250-300lbs from what i read. not easy for me to carry up a flight of stairs. i would like to get a nice keyboard or synth of some sort, but that would not be smart of me in my current situation

• Members

Man, I have nightmares about having to sell my gear to pay off debt. I hope I'm just worrying about nothing. I also don't play as much as I used to, mainly because of my career. I think the secret in keeping gear is not overdo it. Just buy what you really need, and budget your money. A lot of my gear is pretty expensive, but I know my limits and have been collecting over 16 yrs. I only have 5 guitars, but I'm satisfied with that.:cool:

Archived