dying fetus what amps are they currently using now?

lumpy555

• Members

My divinity's supposed to be here Wed, cannot wait.

The last interview I read they were talking about how they used Ampeg into 1960 Marshalls for the album, harkening back to Destroy. I'm betting they're using D2's and cabs on tour though.

• Members

Dying Fetus is my favorite band, and has set the model tone I chase after. John Gallagher currently plays a LTD Explorer with EMGs (81 bridge, I assume) through an Ampeg VH140C into Mesa Rectifier 4x12 cabinets. He has previously used Vader 4x12 cabinets and Marshall 1960s, also with the VH140C. Every Dying Fetus album was recorded with the Ampeg VH140C, except for Descend Into Depravity, which was recorded with an Engl Savage 120. He's been seen on stage with primarily the Ampeg VH140C, occasionally the Engl Savage 120, and in some rare instances has been running a Mesa Mark V. On the recent tour with Cannibal Corpse and Devourment, he only played the VH140C.

Of course, with any international touring band, they play through shared and rider equipment and some things will change depending on tour, but the VH140C is the core of Dying Fetus tone, and even the Engl Savage is EQ'd to resemble the Ampeg. He carries the Ampeg across the world, but not the Engl. Hmm...

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Dehumanize

View Post

Crate amplifiers sound nothing like the Ampeg VH140C, including the supposed "clone" that is no longer in production.

Yes they do. The VTX 350 sounds incredibly close. I've recorded them side by side with the same guitar, same cabinet. You wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Dehumanize View Post
Crate amplifiers sound nothing like the Ampeg VH140C, including the supposed "clone" that is no longer in production.

i have them both, you can most definitely get them sounding alike. crate and ampeg were the same company back then

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by RaceU4her

View Post

i have them both, you can most definitely get them sounding alike. crate and ampeg were the same company back then

They still are. Same factories overseas , same distributor. Ampeg has started producing some amps in the US again but the majority still comes from the same factories

Archived