What good, interesting, modern bands are you listening to?

Say Ocean

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

good stuff.:thu:

some of the other crap in this thread is {censored}-awful. jeesus what's with the "we can't play for {censored} and don't really understand music but let's record it anyway get some cool haircuts and call ourselves indie!"?

I know , I know but my opinion is better than yours so shut the {censored} up:)

PS. the spill canvas band is pure gheyness!

• Members
Meh, while I like the older, more metal stuff, I like the fact that they're also doing things quite different each time. I haven't really been that big on metal for quite a while anyway, so I don't mind that the album is quite un-metal most of the time.

Also interesting that it seems Daniel recorded about 80% of the thing on his own.
:lol:

That's what I love about Pain Of Salvation. Each album brings something new

• Members

So here's what I'm looking for: Interesting sound, innovative song writing, unique style, somewhat musically intricate. The bands I was digging a few years ago were Circa Survive, The Mars Volta, At the Drive-In, As Cities Burn, Portugal. the Man, Cynic, The Fall of Troy, Russian Circles. Say what you want about most of those, they all have their unique style and some type of complexity that grabs my ear. It seems like a lot of current bands that have their own style are just boring
:idk:

You have such good taste it makes me sick! Goddamn.

Try 65daysofstatic and God Is An Astronaut. I love them both. 65daysofstatic is abso{censored}inglutely insane. You need to sit down and really give them a listen (an album). It'll turn your ideas of rhythm and soundscapes on their head. I guarantee you'll love it.

Oh, and ATDI is god and will never be dethroned :)

• Members

Try 65daysofstatic and God Is An Astronaut. I love them both. 65daysofstatic is abso{censored}inglutely insane. You need to sit down and really give them a listen (an album). It'll turn your ideas of rhythm and soundscapes on their head. I guarantee you'll love it.

Oh, and ATDI is god and will never be dethroned
:)

+1 on these too. :love:

"Far From Refuge" is one of my top post-rockambientdickcheeseskeetjizznutsauce{censored}genres albums ever.

• Members

Oh, and ATDI is god and will never be dethroned
:)

Ah I've been meaning to grab 65daysofstatic's album for a looong time. From what I've heard lately, God Is An Astronaut sounds sweet

Archived