Why is Corrosion of Conformity so awesome??

MattACaster

• Members

Because Pepper's voice is effing great, amongst other things...

Saw them open for Megadeth at Roseland in NYC; at one point, PK invites an audience member to come up on stage and play guitar on one song. Before picking out somebody, he says: "...and no punk rock guys, I want somebody who can actually play..."

:lol:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

{censored}in' Heisenberg, man.

Every time you think that you know why exactly CoC is awesome, it tuns out that they were awesome in a totally different way the entire time. You can never directly constrain their awesome. You can only observe the evidence of their awesomeness.

• Members

See, that right there is MY CoC. Mid-to-late 80s, when they, D.R.I., Cryptic Slaughter, and Suicidal Tendencies ruled crossover. The fact that they managed to transition successfully though more traditional metal, into the sludgy beast they are now, and be successful at every stop on the way, is testament to their talent.

• Members

See, that right there is
MY
CoC. Mid-to-late 80s, when they, D.R.I., Cryptic Slaughter, and Suicidal Tendencies ruled crossover. The fact that they managed to transition successfully though more traditional metal, into the sludgy beast they are now, and be successful at every stop on the way, is testament to their talent.

That's when I first got into them, back in '84. I remember seeing the skull on my skater friends jackets in Myrtle Beach, and I've been a fan ever since.

• Members

I've been listening to Deliverance all day, thanks to this thread. I haven't listened to this since '06.

What the {censored} is wrong with me?

You mean what the {censored} is wrong with you for not listening to this since '06? Do you have aids?

I love CoC so much, but then again, you could just listen to my band and know that for fact.

• Members

See, that right there is
MY
CoC. Mid-to-late 80s, when they, D.R.I., Cryptic Slaughter, and Suicidal Tendencies ruled crossover. The fact that they managed to transition successfully though more traditional metal, into the sludgy beast they are now, and be successful at every stop on the way, is testament to their talent.

This.

• Members
{censored}in' Heisenberg, man.

Every time you
think
that you know why exactly CoC is awesome, it tuns out that they were awesome in a totally different way the
entire time.
You can never directly constrain their awesome. You can only observe the
evidence
of their awesomeness.

{censored}, it's what James Hetfield wanted to be when he grew up. He gave it a good try, but failure was preordained. :o

• Members

The Vipers they use are old and are made to SG specs. ESP made them before the big Gibson lawsuit. At least Peps main , PJK guitar and Woodrows white one. They both have plenty of newer Vipers too . I should add the Woodrow has the best damn vibrato in the business

Archived