UNEXPECTED NGD!!! PRS Standard 24 w/birds

Johansolo

• Members

i havent had a NGD in a long time. ive been looking for a set neck mahogany 24 fret for a while now but couldnt gel with any expensive facny pants flame/quilt top new CU24s, as im so used to my 1990 CE24 (alder body maple top plain jane small heel)

but alas...i found this and took it home today!

1994 PRS Standard 24

stand24stand.jpg

s24standbody.jpg

standard24body.jpg

stand24.jpg

pics with the CE24

twoPRSside.jpg

now i just have to find a johny hiland sig (mmm maple fretboard)

• Members

Oh snap! :wave:

2169786810039073994S500x500Q85.jpg

Mines an '89 model with moons and the old school sweet switch. Very nice player.

Yes, like a CU without the bling, so a bit darker due to the lack of maple top. All mahogany.

I love the PRS trems, very stable and they feel great to me.

• Members

yeah the fretboard needas good clean, plus a restring/setup.

i got it late last night, so only got to play with it amped up for about 15mins before i had to play unplugged

ill give it a good clean tonight.

im not a fan of fancy pants flame/quilt tops...ive owned a guitar like that before and i just couldnt enjoy it(i like playing my guitars not being so careful with them) but the ineveitable eventually does happens...and when it dings/ it hurts soo much more

the standard 24 i got is in near mint ocndition for a 17year old guitar.

my CE24 is (which you cant tell from the pics) is a well played/worn out beat up whore

both are small heels and similiar necks so im stoked as !

im not too sure about hte hfs pickup thou...(which i replaced in the CE24 with a custom 5) i never was a fan of ceramic magnets.

• Members

I used to own a 1990 Standard 24 in the same colour. I too didn't really like the HFS too much and I never found a good replacement before I sold it on, though the Bareknuckle Miracle Man came close. Great guitars, wish I didn't sell mine.

I hear ya, the HFS is good for hot searing cutting high gain and not much else. I currently have a Duncan JB in my Navarro and that sounds great.

• Members

RE the dirty fretboardheres a disgusting "before pic"

P1010765.jpg

its was pretty bad, but my CE24 was worse when i rescued it...the frets looked like it had green/mould on it,

same with my american deluxe strat, which i also rescued from some punk rocker...luckily maple fretboard was easier to clean

after

P1010767.jpg

P1010776.jpg

P1010790.jpg

P1010799.jpg

• Members

Nice work HP. You gotta wonder why anybody would sell a guitar with the fret board scummed up like that.

I love the old winged tuners too. I have had two of them break in the past though. replacements aren't cheap for what they are.

....oh and straplocks FTW.

• Members

I have an old Yamaha with a similarly nasty fretboard. What method did you use to clean it?

sprayed some lemon oil on a cloth and SEVERAl scrubs (like about 1 hours worth)

i should have taken a picture of the cloth after the clean...the cloth was bright yellow before...adn after it was just disgusting.

ive heard bad things about lemon oil on fretboard for long term effects...but i think thats a result of people spraying it directly onto the fretboard and letting it soak in?

Archived