VINTAGE 30 + GREENBACK mismatch in 2x12 cab - (YOUTUBE CLIP)

Johansolo

• Members

GB/V30 comparison...i have them as a mismatch in my2x12, as framus loads their ruby riot combos with this mismatch. my amp is the head version of the ruby riot so figured why not (have been using this mismatch for over a year now) im aware that some other amps like the matchless DC30 also do this use this mismatch.

[video=youtube;pZyqI27vvFk]

FWIW...yes there are variables, the V30 came stock in the cab and i replaced it with a second hand GB which possibly has had more hours on it.

also my micing technique could sway one or the other, but i tried my best to make sure it was the same.

also my amp isnt a brootz amp, and i never ever run the lead channel gain that high (esp with the bridge humbucker at full) but i thought it would be funny to hear.

and yes contrary to popuar belief, one doesnt noticably overpower the other when you are standing a few steps back.

can you guess which one is which?

• Members

looking at the grille cloth, GB is on the left, V30 on the right. I know this because of the in-cab shot at the beginning.
:facepalm:

yes...but the in cab shot at the beginning is a rotated upside down shot, and i also flipped the speakers recently, and also took it to a speaker tech friend to try out (he said both speakers are still in mint condition) who may have also possibly flipped the speakers...so i actually myself cant 100% say which one is which until i open up the back

• Members

yes...but the in cab shot at the beginning is a rotated upside down shot, and i also flipped the speakers recently, and also took it to a speaker tech friend to try out (he said both speakers are still in mint condition) who may have also possibly flipped the speakers...so i actually myself cant 100% say which one is which until i open up the back

I still think I'm right.

• Members
looking at the grille cloth, GB is on the left, V30 on the right. I know this because of the in-cab shot at the beginning.
:facepalm:

I personally like the GB sound better. it's more well rounded. the V30 is all high mids.

I was thinking the opposite. It's been years since I've messed with either speaker though...

Archived