Rebecca Black - Friday ... Candidate for "Song of the Year?"

David Rabitor

• Members

Exhibit A: Lady Gaga

Exhibit B: Breaking Benjamin

I don't care for Lady Gaga, the image thing overshadows everything. But Breaking Benjamin? Underrated band. Their singer has a hell of a voice, and can sing in any band of mine whenever he wants. If "Diary of Jane" doesn't get stuck in your head after the first listen, you either aren't human or have Memento syndrome.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
The verses are structured in a way that makes it seem like there will be rhyming, but nothing rhymes. It sounds like a stuttering kunt trying to fumble her way through a song.

And Led Zeppelin are a friggin' cover band.

:facepalm:

• Members
I don't care for Lady Gaga, the image thing overshadows everything. But Breaking Benjamin? Underrated band. Their singer has a hell of a voice, and can sing in any band of mine whenever he wants. If "Diary of Jane" doesn't get stuck in your head after the first listen, you either aren't human or have Memento syndrome.

I barely ever listen to Diary of Jane, but when it comes on, I always end up replaying it many, many times. :lol:

• Members
Sorry, but old man rock is {censored}ing dead.

http://www.warr.org/zep.html

Sorry but Wilson and Alroy are basement versions of two frustrated Rolling Stone writers, trying desperately to be hip and relevant...the typical "I listen to obsure and therefore better music...and so should you".

They get instantly disqualified by writing that SRV's Live Alive is the "best place to start" to discover SRV. They give the album 3 stars, while failing to acknowledge that this was by far SRV's weakest album and a low point in his career....not to mention he was coked out of his {censored}ing mind when he made it.

They also dismiss Eruption as "showoffmanship"....Naaaa, that little ditty didn't do anything to change the {censored}ing way guitar is played. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Oh, and Rebecca Black's parents need to pay for a nose and tit job, seeing they already bought her a music video. If you're gonna do it, go big or GTFO.

Then she should get song of the year.

:p

• Members
I figured this out.

This is a very subtle scheme to educate kids who dont want to learn in school. This "song" teaches them the order of the days of the week.

Her next single is called "This is my left hand, and this is my right hand!"

followed by "Dont stick a key in a light socket"

:lol:

• Members
At least the internet wastes no time bringing the lulz.

Update: I just saw her on Good Morning America today and she loves Justin Bieber
:facepalm:

They...put her...on TELEVISION???@?@!?!?!?!?!@>12>?!@#89090 :mad::mad:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Members

Prove it.

The Black Keys, Muse, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Gaslight Anthem, Foo Fighters, Alice In Chains, Queens of the Stone Age, Them Crooked Vultures, Gnarls Barkley/Cee-Lo Green, Lady Gaga (can't stand her, but she can write), The Raconteurs, Wilco, Radiohead, Thrice, Spinnerette, Kings of Leon...I could keep going if you like:poke:

I'm sick and tired of the "old man" talk when it comes to music, even from young adults, "new stuff sucks, old stuff was better". It's not always true. Music is better than it has ever been because there are so many options because alot more people can put out stuff nowadays. But because there's more content out there, it's more likely you'll find more garbage music, too. Good music exists in every era of mainstream music, it's just a matter of not turning a deaf ear to everything that's deemed as "popular" or "mainstream".

Archived