Cell phone carriers - Who is happy with theirs?

MattACaster

• Members

Next week work will no longer be paying for my cell phone so I need to take my number elsewhere. I'm on Sprint right now and I'm pretty happy and I love my Evo but I'm just kind of curious what else is out there. Don't need a lot of minutes maybe 300-500 but I do need data for sure.

What do you guys use? What phones? Are you happy? Any issues with your carrier? What do you pay a month, if you don't mind me asking?

• Members

I'm using t-mobile, cheapest "family" plan - wife and I under same account and have something like 400 anytime minutes. Calls to other t-mobile are free anytime, and calls to any of our 5 favorites are free anytime.

Since I don't talk much on the phone, and those that I do, are under my favorites, I rarely use any of the actual minutes. She's the same way.

No home phone. Costs about $84/mo.

I have everything turned off that has a fee attached (texting, don't want to spring for unlimited texts @ 5/mo, and it/s $0.40 for both inbound and outbound texts otherwise!)

I also have teh cheapest cell phone I could get.

That said, our 2yr contract is up in October I think, and we're debating going back to pay-as-you-go plans, because we simply don't use them other than to call each other and a few people...debatable if it's cheaper to have the plan or not....lol

• Members

I just bumped an old thread I had about this. I was on Sprint as well and now I am with Boost Mobile, which is a no-contract Sprint brand. I'm paying $50 a month, unlimited everything. It will go down by $5 every 6 months until it gets to $35. Service is excellent, absolutely no difference from what I had with Sprint. I'm really happy with it.

• Members

I have been with AT&T since they were pacbell, then cingular, then att then cingular and finally att.

they have the best coverage for the places I have lived. I get a corp discount. so I really dont need them for anything else, so I am happy.

that said, last year my girlfriends iphone was stolen while we were in mexico (on the same account). By the 48 hours it took us to realize it was gone, and called it in the report it as stolen, there were $4500 worth of international charges assessed. My account is setup on auto pay, so $4500 came out of my checking account despite the stolen claim... it took about 45 days to get cleared up. that sucked ass.

• Members

I've been on AT&T since they were Cingular - I think I joined in 2004. I occasionally get upset at them, mostly for how hard it is to decipher my bill/plan, but I can't name very many people who are totally happy with their provider, so I've stuck around. They keep bribing me with free phones to stay.

• Members

I just bumped an old thread I had about this. I was on Sprint as well and now I am with Boost Mobile, which is a no-contract Sprint brand. I'm paying $50 a month, unlimited everything. It will go down by $5 every 6 months until it gets to $35. Service is excellent, absolutely no difference from what I had with Sprint. I'm really happy with it.

What does the phone selection look like with Boost?

• Members

What does the phone selection look like with Boost?

Well they have less phones than the Sprint main brand, of course, but they have an Android phone (Samsung seek) a BlackBerry model and a couple of other lesser phones. I went with a cheaper phone to begin with because I wanted to first make sure I liked the service, so I got this Sanyo Incognito which is actually really good and does everything I need. But I plan to upgrade to the Android phone in a few weeks just because. You can upgrade the phone and keep the same number and account so the transition is seamless.

I couldn't be happier with this service.

• Members

Well they have less phones than the Sprint main brand, of course, but they have an Android phone (Samsung seek) a BlackBerry model and a couple of other lesser phones. I went with a cheaper phone to begin with because I wanted to first make sure I liked the service, so I got this Sanyo Incognito which is actually really good and does everything I need. But I plan to upgrade to the Android phone in a few weeks just because. You can upgrade the phone and keep the same number and account so the transition is seamless.

I couldn't be happier with this service.

I just checked. The Samsung Seek isn't their Android phone, the Motorola i1 is and it is less powerful that my old HTC Hero and that was a dog. Would totally have gone with Boost if they had a decent Android phone. :mad:

• Members

I just checked. The Samsung Seek isn't their Android phone, the Motorola i1 is and it is less powerful that my old HTC Hero and that was a dog. Would totally have gone with Boost if they had a decent Android phone.
:mad:

You're right I stand corrected, it's the Motorola i1.

Hmmm if you say it's not a good phone, I may hold off on the upgrade then. I am perfectly happy with what I am using now, to be honest, I just wanted the better toy :lol:

But I just do basic texting, internet and phone calls and this phone handles it just fine so you just saved me some money :)

• Members

I'd be happy with AT&T if they let me use my 'unlimited data' how I wanted to instead of raping my arse for another tethering fee data plan...

Also the non-limited data plans seem engineered simply to make me a lot of data users need the most expensive tier.....the middle tier that would actually save me a small amount is right on the limit of average use...sucks.

• Members

You're right I stand corrected, it's the Motorola i1.

Hmmm if you say it's not a good phone, I may hold off on the upgrade then. I am perfectly happy with what I am using now, to be honest, I just wanted the better toy
:lol:

But I just do basic texting, internet and phone calls and this phone handles it just fine so you just saved me some money
:)

Well, my Hero had a 528mhz CPU and it could barley handle Andoid. The Moto has a 500mhz cpu. Probably not too swift...

:thu:

• Members

had verizon. good service, but i dreaded anytime something went wrong. I hated their customer service. Switched to sprint when I got the HTC Evo. Service in Chicago is awesome, and their customer service thus far is much better.

CN: I'm happy with sprint.

• Members

im actually really happy. sprint. a friend got me a 25% employee discount even though i dont work there. we have a sprint tower on top of the building at work and get good reception mostly everywhere i go. i know most people hate them but i havent had a bad experience yet.

• Members

Next week work will no longer be paying for my cell phone so I need to take my number elsewhere. I'm on Sprint right now and I'm pretty happy and I love my Evo but I'm just kind of curious what else is out there. Don't need a lot of minutes maybe 300-500 but I do need data for sure.

What do you guys use? What phones? Are you happy? Any issues with your carrier? What do you pay a month, if you don't mind me asking?

give me a shout if/before you sell your evo.

Archived