Yeah, we can all make fun of Slayer...

ilikebeer

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
:facepalm:

Interesting, I was watching the Still Reigning DVD today. They've still got it, IMO.

So basically they 'Still Got' a guitar player who has next to no knowledge of what sounds good besides his rythyms (possibly giving him entirely too much credit in even calling him a rythym player...) and should really, REALLY take the fkn hint after 25 years?....

:facepalm:

• Members

I'd also like to add, since I was watching the Big 4 concert on Palladia this past weekend:

Anthrax - Among the Living

Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction

Metallica - And Justice for All

This was all around 1988-89. These bands were at the pinnacle of their careers, IMHO. Without this stuff, none of you would be listening to the brutal stuff you have now.

• Members

I'd also like to add, since I was watching the Big 4 concert on Palladia this past weekend:

Anthrax - Among the Living

Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction

Metallica - And Justice for All

This was all around 1988-89. These bands were at the pinnacle of their careers, IMHO. Without this stuff, none of you would be listening to the brutal stuff you have now.

Countdown was '92 :confused:

• Members

Slayer, from their inception until Seasons in the Abyss, were {censored}ing fantastic. Anyone who says differently is not a fan of metal. Period.

I've never really cared for thrash. Pretty much any of it. Metallica and Testament are about the only thrash outfits I can listen to for more than, say, three or four songs, before I'm burnt out. Slayer...about 3/4ths of one song. Which is about when Kerry King starts to solo, but that's actually coincidental; I'm done with the song by then, and a KK guitar solo is as good a reason as any to stop listening to a song. Or band. Or genre. Or music.

I'm not allowed to metal anymore, am I?

• Members

Slayer, from their inception until Seasons in the Abyss, were {censored}ing fantastic. Anyone who says differently is not a fan of metal. Period.

this post is truth. Honestly I'd rather listen to Slayer than any of the other Big Four anymore

• Members

Perhaps a little bit extreme in the point of view dept...But, yeah...Pretty much this.

• Members

World Painted Blood was awful, but I actually really liked Christ Illusion. They don't get regular rotation in my collection, but I listen once in a while.

Might have to agree here...But "God Hates Us All" was also pretty strong.

• Members

This x 1000000 . I compare being a hardcore Slayer fan to jerking off to the bra section of the Sears catalog . Its something you should be done with by the time youre 15 .

Seriously. If you can't get ahold of a Victoria's Secret or Fredericks of Hollywood by 15, you're doing it wrong.

Archived