New Diezel Hagen

Duesentrieb

• Members

Love the look of that thing, and from what I understand it should be an absolutely killer sounding amp. I love the look of the VH4's knob layout, but having the channels laid out horizontally as has been done on the Hagen definitely makes a lot more sense. Can't wait to try one out!

Also, lol at the guy who needed 8 posts to assert his wonderful opinion.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So can you elaborate on the concept? or is that confidential until the Messe?

Sure: The clean channel is less Hifi and goes up to (very) mild distorted sounds. It is (for a Diezel) a new design.

2nd channel covers (as in the current VH4) a wide range.

Ch3 and Ch4 are even fatter than in the VH4, with more lower mids.

Compared to Herbert it has less of Herbert's "super bottom end". Less compressed than the VH4.

A modern, fat, hard rocker.

Why three loops?

Well the switchable serial is cool as an "expansion interface" (say you want to add your XY Preamp to your rig, switchable, without loopers and that). And additionally you have the choice of either a permanent serial or parallel loop. One prefers this, the other that. A pretty cool concept if you ask me . . .

• Members

Well, from a designers perspective: Diezel has their own Midi design with their own programmer. The controller offers 4 channels and 4 switchable functions plus mute (muting in the ms area while switching) and store of course. So keeping history in mind (the first Diezel was launched during the rack fridge time with loopers and stuff) the concept in the beginning was to offer a soundmachine with interfaces to expand your rig into directions not offered by the main amp - which was and still is super cool. You like Herbert's sound for ultra riffing and occasionally want a Soldano high mid X88R lead take over the 20 seconds of nowadays soloing on stage without buying another fridge with bells and whistles? Well - it is already built in.

And when the technology is already there, why not use it - it will not degrade the tone, because everything is relay switched and just a question of switching and not addtional parts.

You don't want to use it? Don't use it.

• Members

Sure: The clean channel is less Hifi and goes up to (very) mild distorted sounds. It is (for a Diezel) a new design.

Compared to Herbert it has less of Herbert's "super bottom end". Less compressed than the VH4.

Why three loops?

Well the switchable serial is cool as an "expansion interface" (say you want to add your XY Preamp to your rig, switchable, without loopers and that). And additionally you have the choice of either a permanent serial or parallel loop. One prefers this, the other that. A pretty cool concept if you ask me . . .

Sounds pretty kickass, can't wait to hear some clips. :thu:

• Members

Why three loops?

Nice :thu:, now I'm much more interested in hearing clips :D

• Members

The Hagen will be as fine as every other Diezel, only different. If you have not played every Diezel, then you would not understand the sonic and tactile differences between them.

Do not judge an amp's quality on whether it is p-t-p wired or not. These amps are not to be built using that type of wiring due to their complexity. However, the pc boards are not the same quality that you find on GC store amps either. This is an entirely different and superior level of build quality throughout.

I find it interesting that an amp is judged on it's looks by some, rather then how it sounds. How quaint. If an amp sounds as I desire it to sound for my personal taste, I don't really care how it looks. I don't buy amps to use as paperweights.

• Members

I'm looking forward to trying the Hagen . I had the opportunity to rehearse with a full stack V4 last year and compare it with my Engl Invader. I liked the flexibility and some of the tones of the V4 , but found it to be rather dry for my taste. The factor is price which might be prohibitive. A friend of mine in new york who's a Diezel authorized dealer said the mark up is too much in the states , making them not worth it in his opinion.:eek:

Archived