Computer shop erased my 500G drive.

ilikebeer

• Members

Anyone had this happen?

Took my system in to have some minor work done, and when I get it back, one of my drives has been formatted. I had a {censored}load of stuff on there, a lot of it was very important, and irreplaceable. I'm so {censored}ing angry I think I just gave myself cancer. :mad::mad:

• Members

The guy even asked me on the phone; "do you need to save anything from these drives?" I said "Hell yes, just leave them as they are, and I'll sort out what I need".

I should have just taken my drives out before I took it in. Either that or just done the work myself in the first place. :facepalm:

• Members

If they erased all of my nudes, I would flip {censored} and burn the place down. Those are one-and-only copies and I am the only person on the entire planet that received those (originals).

Seems like you could reduce the risk of losing them if you just PM'd them to someone else on the forum for safekeeping. ;)

• Members

i sent a laptop back for repair once which had a non functioning left mouse button. they repaired it but for some reason they decided to reformat the hard drive!

i was, of course.....

{censored}ING LIVID!

• Members

as long as you haven't written anything to the drive yet:

download hirens boot cd. burn it. boot from it.

theres a few recovery programs on there, they work great.

DO NOT RECOVER FILES AND SAVE THEM TO THE SAME HARD DRIVE. save them to another drive first.

• Members

Wait, why does anybody need to take a computer anywhere for service? They are way too easy to fix yourself.

lol. should be true, but most people are either completely clueless or deathly afraid of them. our helpdesk guys are always telling me about the ridiculous things people say/do with computers. even the younger generations are clueless (although they have more skills/familiarty)

Archived