Opinions on the Peavey Classic 50 head?

Lt_Core

• Members

Long story short....my Budda Superdrive II 30 2x12 has been in the shop twice in the past month. It keeps dying at the end of the 1st set during my gigs. Tubes have been replaced, connections checked, every test run, etc. The guitar shop can't get it to fail at all. Very frustrating....I've emailed Jeff Bober back and forth a few times but so far no luck.

Anyway, a local guy is selling a Peavey Classic 50 head for $350 and is interested in a few pedals plus cash. Wouldn't cost a lot of out-of-pocket money to pick up the Peavey while my Budda is being serviced. What are your opinions/thoughts on the Classic 50 head? I'll need to pick up a cabinet but that's no big deal. I play in a mostly rock cover band. From the few clips I've seen/heard it sounds like a pretty decent, working man/blue collar amp. How well do pedals take to the Classic 50? This one has an effects loop. I guess some don't but not sure.

• Members

Can't speak for the 50, but I owned a C30 for years...It's a great sounding amp. I used it a lot back in the day when we use to play covers (mostly 90's rock). It can get down right brootal with a eq in the loop and a boost out front. I would jump on it for $350.

• Members

I like the classic series. Nice cleans or a little pushed on the cleans where you can still roll back the volume to get clean. Lead channel is nice too. Nice and crunchy with a marshall flavor. For rock/heavy rock, it's not a bad amp at all.

Archived