No thread on this yet? People can finally shut up about it...

spawnofthesith

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

1. What video?

2. Let me ask you a question. Is there ANYTHING you've seen/heard of that IS racially motivated?

Like, I see so many times this "pulling the race card" comment, like it's ALWAYS unwarranted, is it possible that at times, it IS warranted? And if so, can you name some of those times?

I say that about this because it has already been proven that the teabaggers/birthers don't have any credibility with their "issues" they campaign about, because they were nowhere to be found when Bush was in office, doing EXACTLY what they are campaigning against (spending/deficit/etc.), so, it's NOT about the "issues".

Keep in mind, just because someone says one issue is about race, doesn't meant they think EVERYTHING is racially motived. I certainly don't, but I also don't act like it simply doesn't exist anymore.

1. The video of liberals stating that Clarence Thomas should be lynched that I posted earlier in this thread.

2. Of course I have, but it has absolutely ZERO to do with why I dislike Obama. I'd vote for Allen West in a heartbeat if he'd run for president and he's 100% black unlike Obama who's 1/2 black. I hated Kerry in 2004 and voted against him and he's as cracker white as they come. Apples/oranges.

The problem is that the left has been playing this card since Obama began campaigning. It's old and tired, and the left's theory that the Tea Party is a racist organziation has been debunked time and time again, yet you guys keep trying to paint them as racists. Tons of videos out there showing BLACK Tea Partiers speaking out against Obama, are they racists too? It's sad really, how about campaigning on the ISSUES instead of trying to shame people into voting for someone to prove they're not racist?

• Members
1. The video of liberals stating that Clarence Thomas should be lynched that I posted earlier in this thread.

2. Of course I have, but it has absolutely ZERO to do with why I dislike Obama. I'd vote for Allen West in a heartbeat if he'd run for president and he's 100% black unlike Obama who's 1/2 black. I hated Kerry in 2004 and voted against him and he's as cracker white as they come. Apples/oranges.

The problem is that the left has been playing this card since Obama began campaigning. It's old and tired, and the left's theory that the Tea Party is a racist organziation has been debunked time and time again, yet you guys keep trying to paint them as racists. Tons of videos out there showing BLACK Tea Partiers speaking out against Obama, are they racists too? It's sad really, how about campaigning on the ISSUES instead of trying to shame people into voting for someone to prove they're not racist?

The left has been playing the race card LOOONG BEFORE Obama came into the pic

The funny thing is that the tea party nominated about 15 or so minorities in the recent 2010 election --- black white, indian, women, hispanic, etc but some people dont want to aknowledge this it doesnt fit their 'motive-criteria' and this is especially true from the media, you hear VERY lil of this

:cop:

• Members

Okay, good post and good discussion.

I'm not sure where it happened, maybe it was me that took this discussion to where it is, so, let me ask one more question which is a little more back on topic (leaving race out of it).

WTF IS this crap about then? I'm not saying that there CAN'T be some kind of conspiracy out there for certain things, but there is an election process that is followed, I would think Obama didn't/doesn't have the power to override that, so how is it that his birth and citizenship credentials were good enough for the FEC and vetting process? Why is that not good enough for some folks?

I've never seen any other president's birth certificate, but I've also never questioned it, and that's not my job to do so. We have officials whose job it is to investigate and question that stuff. Like it or not, he is the president, no one is going to get him out of office with this kind of ridiculousness, so why persue it? Do they really think he "slipped by" on some kind of technicality?

I just find it utterly ridiculous, and maybe that's what I took it where I took it, because I don't see any other rational reasons why this is still an issue when he's been in office for two years, having followed the same process as every other president before him.

• Members

Okay, good post and good discussion.

I'm not sure where it happened, maybe it was me that took this discussion to where it is, so, let me ask one more question which is a little more back on topic (leaving race out of it).

WTF IS this crap about then? I'm not saying that there CAN'T be some kind of conspiracy out there for certain things, but there is an election process that is followed, I would think Obama didn't/doesn't have the power to override that, so how is it that his birth and citizenship credentials were good enough for the FEC and vetting process? Why is that not good enough for some folks?

I've never seen any other president's birth certificate, but I've also never questioned it, and that's not my job to do so. We have officials whose job it is to investigate and question that stuff. Like it or not, he is the president, no one is going to get him out of office with this kind of ridiculousness, so why persue it? Do they really think he "slipped by" on some kind of technicality?

I just find it utterly ridiculous, and maybe that's what I took it where I took it, because I don't see any other rational reasons why this is still an issue when he's been in office for two years, having followed the same process as every other president before him.

I'm not a birther per se, I really don't give a crap where Obama was born and if he was in fact proven ineligible for office, we'd be worse off with Biden as prez . Again, my questions are why did he wait so long to release this, why was it so obviously doctored (look all over the web, the hack job on this BC is a complete joke), why was so much court time (and taxpayer dollars) WASTED when he could've released a long-form BC 2 years ago, why has he not released any of his school records (we knew Bush and Kerry's SAT scores for Christ's sake!), and why has not one single person come forward as knowing him in school? There are more holes and grey areas in his past than perhaps any other elected official!

Don't you think any of that is strange? Do you not find it at all hypocritical that the "most transparent administration EVAR" has stonewalled requests for this info along with hundreds of other FOIA requests? I'd really like to hear you (or any from the left) address these glaring issues.

• Members

Although I don't think Obama is an illegal Alien, or was born somewhere else, I do believe there is a lot of weird {censored} in his past. Lots of things to me don't add up. Like the Harvard and Columbia Alums that don't remember him ever being there or in their classes. His multiple aliases, etc.

Either way, wtf ever, just seems like he's got a couple loose skeletons floating around- but in this day and age, with the internet, who doesnt?

• Members

The only evidence for racism you provided was that the TP lacks credibility but lack of credibility doesn't equal racism.

The evidence is far more than a complete lack of credibility, it's readily apparent in their actions on a day to day basis. The simple fact that all of the things that they are angry about are things that they openly supported/embraced when a white man was in the white house is ample proof for anyone not in complete clinical denial. The fact that these bigots don't admit that they are racist doesn't change anything. Bigots don't get to decide if they are racist any more than criminals get to decide if they are a criminal or not. It's determined by their actions, and in this case, their actions scream "racist pig" loud and clear.....

Oh, but they nominated a few minorities, so they can't be racist, right? Window dressing. If you take the number of racists slogans painted on signs at TP rallies, and the number of racial slurs screamed at black members of Congress by TPers, you'll find that they outnumber the piddly handful of token nominations tenfold, if not more....

For anyone still in denial about the obvious, a recent study by the University of Maryland solidified the connection between the TP movement and it's racial motivation. I'm sure the denial crowd will claim "liberal media conspiracy" even though it came from an education of higher learning and not the media, but hey, when you're in denial you don't have to pay attention to little things like facts......

• Members
The evidence is far more than a complete lack of credibility, it's readily apparent in their actions on a day to day basis. The simple fact that all of the things that they are angry about are things that they openly supported/embraced when a white man was in the white house is ample proof for anyone not in complete clinical denial. The fact that these bigots don't admit that they are racist doesn't change anything. Bigots don't get to decide if they are racist any more than criminals get to decide if they are a criminal or not. It's determined by their actions, and in this case, their actions scream "racist pig" loud and clear.....

Oh, but they nominated a few minorities, so they can't be racist, right? Window dressing. If you take the number of racists slogans painted on signs at TP rallies, and the number of racial slurs screamed at black members of Congress by TPers, you'll find that they outnumber the piddly handful of token nominations tenfold, if not more....

For anyone still in denial about the obvious, a recent study by the University of Maryland solidified the connection between the TP movement and it's racial motivation. I'm sure the denial crowd will claim "liberal media conspiracy" even though it came from an education of higher learning and not the media, but hey, when you're in denial you don't have to pay attention to little things like facts......

Yep, still an idiot. :facepalm: Still waiting for you to address the Clarence Thomas video. BTW, the racial slurs you claim were screamed at black members of Congress simply did NOT happen. Andrew Breitbart offered a $25K reward to ANYONE who could provide evidence of such. Not surprisingly, there were no takers. Can you provide the proof of your claims that no one else could?

• Members

So a few things are 'shouted' and a few signs are made and you label the whole group, ----- BTW Where the hell are you when the 'HARD LEFT' comes out for its rallies and marches? ? Ever see a anti Bush rally? antiwar rally and some of the things said and spewed? Are u kidding me? NOW THATS SOME HATE SPEECH. Go look at the signs and actions/anger at the recent Wisconsin rallies

Window dressing when the teaparty nominates minorities? wow, im sorry that you feel that way, but the fact is that the teaparty nominated minorties for their issues-platform, funny how they are racists, but the people in the urban areas who vote 90% democrats (usually black) for decades are not racists

As usual there is double standards and hypocracy showing its head

:cool:

• Members

I'm not a birther per se, I really don't give a crap where Obama was born and if he was in fact proven ineligible for office, we'd be worse off with Biden as prez
. Again, my questions are why did he wait so long to release this, why was it so obviously doctored (look all over the web, the hack job on this BC is a complete joke), why was so much court time (and taxpayer dollars) WASTED when he could've released a long-form BC 2 years ago, why has he not released any of his school records (we knew Bush and Kerry's SAT scores for Christ's sake!), and why has not one single person come forward as knowing him in school? There are more holes and grey areas in his past than perhaps any other elected official!

Don't you think any of that is strange? Do you not find it at all hypocritical that the "most transparent administration EVAR" has stonewalled requests for this info along with hundreds of other FOIA requests? I'd really like to hear you (or any from the left) address these glaring issues.

Honestly? I don't have the answers to those questions, because I haven't questioned or looked into those things myself. As I have pointed out, there is an election process, and the FEC has access to whatever information they need for a candidate, I do not. I would imagine, just like the previous presidents, that this isn't some big conspiracy to get a foreigner into office, and that the FEC reviewed whatever documents that satisfied the laws and procedures to be a viable candidate/president. I defer to Occam's razor.

I would also imagine that some "community organizer" wouldn't have the power and resources to fix an election and get himself into office without proper credentials.

I guess I can only equate that to some 13 year old kid in your neighborhood asking you to provide him with your driver's license as proof you can drive your car. Why would you bother? You don't have to. You have your license, given to you by the proper channels, why would you need to spend your time satisfying an individual with no authority over you, just to prove what you and your state already know?

Or, it could be a political move, designed to have birthers waste their time on something so silly, only to look like fools in the end.

Having said all that, going back to my earlier comments, here's some interesting commentary I found from the Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/04/AR2010050405168.html?hpid=moreheadlines

Supporters and opponents alike say the movement draws its strength from opposition to Obama's policies, but they split deeply on the race question, according to the poll: About 61 percent of tea party opponents say racism has a lot to do with the movement, a view held by just 7 percent of tea party supporters.

Am I reading that correctly in that it says that 7 percent of Tea Party supporters say that racism has a lot to do with the movement? Certainly not the majority, but it's not a stretch to say that racism is present with *some* supporters, no?

More:

Other incidents have received less attention: A sign in last month's tax day protest in Washington said "Go back to Kenya!" Another in Raleigh, N.C., last June depicted the president with a bone through his nose. T-shirts for sale at a July 4 tea party rally in Charlotte showed Obama standing in front of the White House, labeled "da Crib."

Again, maybe not the majority, but does it have to be? Where is the line drawn between *some* racism involved vs. people throwing up the 'race card' when it's unwarranted?

• Members

1) Obama didn't produce his birth certificate for this long, because it was politically useful for him: he could make his opposition look ridiculous by them constantly obsessing on it.

2) It hasn't come up with other presidents, because none of them had a name like "Barack Hussein Obama" (not exactly John Doe)

3) The mainstream Repubs/Conservatives distanced themselves from the birthers a long time ago; even Mann Coulter (!) has said this is a ridiculous issue

I'm no fan of B.O. (either variety), but this birth certificate issue is weaker than {censored}.

Archived