Hetfield EMG Signature Set?

killgrace

• Members

Will do.....although I've been an EMG 85 user in the bridge for over a year now......after many years the 81 started sounding too fuzzy to me in the bridge......I will try and bust out a clip if I can though......

If I may ask...When are you actually expecting delivery?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the AHB-3 is underrated way better the the normal blackouts. I have had a few sets and they sound awesome. I also like the 81's/85 but didnt care to much for the 81x sounded like the battery was getting weak..

I wouldn't mind trying the AHB-3. Obviously Mick Thompson had them fix the muddiness that plagues the AHB-1.....

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Wats a hetfield emg, is it like a emg 81 or something
:idk:
:idk:

Why havent i heard of these before
:mad:

It's his new EMG Signature set. It's supposedly some different from his EMG 81/60 combo he has used for years but still very similar. There is a few videos throughout the thread where Hetfield explains what he was wanting with these EMG's.

• Members

It's his new EMG Signature set. It's supposedly some different from his EMG 81/60 combo he has used for years but still very similar. There is a few videos throughout the thread where Hetfield explains what he was wanting with these EMG's.

haha i was being silly, i have a set in my les paul custom and i love them.

IMG_3302.jpg

IMG_3298.jpg

IMG_3303.jpg

• Members
haha i was being silly, i have a set in my les paul custom and i love them.

IMG_3302.jpg
IMG_3298.jpg
IMG_3303.jpg

:lol: Looks great in the LPC Silverburst. I wish they would make some gold ones. I have considered putting them in my LPC Black Beauty but don't know how the black pickups would go with the rest of the hardware being gold.

• Members

:lol:
Looks great in the LPC Silverburst. I wish they would make some gold ones. I have considered putting them in my LPC Black Beauty but don't know how the black pickups would go with the rest of the hardware being gold.

I'm sure they would look fine. Black pickups go with any color. Also, I've never seen Hetfield with gold pickup covers, so I doubt that will happen.

• Members

I'm sure they would look fine. Black pickups go with any color. Also, I've never seen Hetfield with gold pickup covers, so I doubt that will happen.

Hetfield has several guitars with gold pickup covers. His Gibson Iron Cross has worn gold pickup covers with EMG's underneath. He has several ESP Eclipses with gold pickup covers also.

I do agree that the black ones would look fine though. I might end up doing it. I just don't know which guitar I want to put them in though. I would kind of like to put them in my Les Paul Custom but that would be the hardest install. I have a few ESP's with EMG's that would just be a fast quick connect swap.

• Members

The JH has a more of a passive feel to it. The bottom end is bigger, but still tight. The high end is not so piercing, but still bright. This guitar pickup combo sounds great though every amp I've played it through, I cant say that about the 81.

• Members

The JH has a more of a passive feel to it. The bottom end is bigger, but still tight. The high end is not so piercing, but still bright. This guitar pickup combo sounds great though every amp I've played it through, I cant say that about the 81.

Thanks...The JH bridge really does seem to have all the gain and attack of the 81, but seem a bit rounder, thicker, warmer....Just more organic sounding really.

Archived