Selling a guitar on CL - Guy is asking for the serial #...

MattACaster

• Members

He probably wants to know when it was built etc.

If it's not stolen (I assume it isn't) there's no reason to not give him the serial.

If I'd ask for the number and the seller refuses to tell me, I'd assume it's stolen

• Members

How can he possibly rip you off?

Smart move from him - if it isn't in the pics and he asks you and you give him a valid one he knows you haven't just stole the pics off the net to rip him off.

It also lets him check up on the guitar, see if it was made before 95 etc?

• Members

How can he possibly rip you off?

Smart move from him - if it isn't in the pics and he asks you and you give him a valid one he knows you haven't just stole the pics off the net to rip him off.

It also lets him check up on the guitar, see if it was made before 95 etc?

I don't know. It just didn't seem like something I;d want to share. Thats why I asked for other opinions.

• Members

What if you give him the serial # and then he calls the cops and says he had a guitar stolen with serial #(insert your number here) and claims it as his? Even though the guitar is not stolen, he claims it is and has the serial #. :idk:

• Members

Then you show the police your bill of sale from Rondo...the pictures where you opened the original package checking for shipping damage...and the emails where he asked you for the serial number...then you ask them what you can do so this guy doesn't ever try that {censored} again.

:thu:

• Members

What if you give him the serial # and then he calls the cops and says he had a guitar stolen with serial #(insert your number here) and claims it as his? Even though the guitar is not stolen, he claims it is and has the serial #.
:idk:

{censored}ing this. Don't give that {censored} out.

Archived