fretless

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

the guy is a good drummer , I can't see anything hellhammer couldn't do sorry
:wave:
lets see this guy do 290bpm double kicks

:facepalm: it's clear that you have no idea about drumming, and i'd suggest you just shut up and let the adults discuss drumming :wave:

• Members

So drumming is now not only a sport, but it even has individual events like the "290bpm Double Kick"?

Who knew?! :o

• Members

I really don't want to sound like a drum snob here, but doing fast double bass is not as difficult as doing complex hi hat patterns. The guy in the above isn't really doing them either, but fast double bass isn't as tough as people make it out be. Doing a complex bass drum and hi hat patter is infinitely more difficult.

• Members

Double bass is the two handed tapping of drums: Good for impressing the {censored} out of people who don't play the instrument
:lol:

Well if you're doing actual patterns, it's plenty impressive. I like to do paradiddles and double paradiddles on my feet. Just single stroke rolls though, that's not hard.

• Members

Well if you're doing actual patterns, it's plenty impressive. I like to do paradiddles and double paradiddles on my feet. Just single stroke rolls though, that's not hard.

try playing this :eek:

[video=youtube;2VhP1STJX-s]

• Members

Same with tapping, if you do something interesting and creative with it it can be very cool, but you can also just tap out a simple triplet and random people will think you rule on guitar.

• Members

Ha! I honestly couldn't tell you what he was doing half the time. But the feet don't seem to be doing too much... I think his left foot is hitting a pedal with a wood block or cowbell, and the other is going crazy. Definetly impressive none the less. Reminds me of Afro Cuban style drumming...

• Members

Same with tapping, if you do something interesting and creative with it it can be very cool, but you can also just tap out a simple triplet and random people will think you rule on guitar.

Right. I see double bass as the alternating picking on guitar. The equivalent of actual patterns on your feet is like string skipping... :thu:

• Members

Ha! I honestly couldn't tell you what he was doing half the time. But the feet don't seem to be doing too much... I think his left foot is hitting a pedal with a wood block or cowbell, and the other is going crazy. Definetly impressive none the less. Reminds me of Afro Cuban style drumming...

Actually I see what he is doing. He's playing the same pattern on his feet over and over, bass drum and a small hi hat of some sort on the right foot and then the regular hi hat and wood block on the other. That's {censored}in COOL!

• Members

Thomas Lang must have four different brains, one for each limb. While he's not done anything musically that interests me, he is pretty much the pinnacle of sheer drumming ability in my view, and i enjoy watching him play

• Members
:facepalm:
it's clear that you have no idea about drumming, and i'd suggest you just shut up and let the adults discuss drumming

yup hellhammer sucks!

wonder why all these guys hired him :facepalm:

just another little internet {censored} talker :wave:

As a member[edit] Age of SilenceAcceleration (2004)
Complications - Trilogy Of Intricacy (2005)
[edit] ArcturusPromo 90 (Demo) (1990)
My Angel LP(1991)
Constellation MCD/MLP (1994)
Aspera Hiems Symfonia (1996)
Constellation (1997)
La Masquerade Infernale (1997)
Disguised Masters (1999)
Aspera Hiems Symfonia/Constellation/My Angel re-release (2001)
The Sham Mirrors (2002)
Sideshow Symphonies (2005)
Shipwrecked In Oslo (2006)
[edit] CarnivoraRe-Incarnal (2006)
[edit] Death of DesireANTIhuman (2010)[9]
[edit] Dimmu BorgirStormbl

Archived