Marshall JVM Series

mcmurray

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A JVM 410h is my main amp for the moment. Tones are fantastic, I can't find a bad, or even mediocre sound from it. Does the Marshall thing brilliantly + fantastic cleans.

I tend not to use the OD2 channel too much as I'm not into high gain or metal so I can't really comment on those types of tones. Occasionally I might use OD2 for a really pronounced solo boost or in conjunction with some weird and wonderful effects.

The MIDI functionality and assignable footswitch functions are excellent.

• Members

I'm thinking about getting a JVM215c (2 channel 1x12 combo). Price is good over here and I heard they're super versatile.

Anyone play or own one? Thoughts?

Yo dude, don't know how new or old to this forum you are, but Nerine has epic hard on for the JVM, he comes in and spews about how much he hates it everytime thier is a thread.

• Members

Mine rocks and is filled with zero noise.

I highly doubt that, the amp has more gain than my 6505.

That being said, JVM is no more or less noisy than any other amp I've ever played with comparable gain dialed in. People just go over board with it and then blame the amp.

• Members

I highly doubt that, the amp has more gain than my 6505.

That being said, JVM is no more or less noisy than any other amp I've ever played with comparable gain dialed in. People just go over board with it and then blame the amp.

I disagree, at the same (or even lower) gain levels the JVM is noisier than any of my other amps. That said, I still love it, and I can overlook a bit of hiss for everything else it brings to the table. I agree that people go crazy with the gain, I don't think any of the gain knobs on my 410 are past 11 o'clock :lol:.

• Members
I disagree, at the same (or even lower) gain levels the JVM is noisier than any of my other amps. That said, I still love it, and I can overlook a bit of hiss for everything else it brings to the table. I agree that people go crazy with the gain, I don't think any of the gain knobs on my 410 are past 11 o'clock
:lol:

Wat are your other amps? On my mine(JVM 410), there isn't any noise or hiss until you hit the OD Orange and red modes, and at that point your in super high gain mode.

I feel ya on it not bothering you though, I love my Mark IV, but that thing gives me more problems with feed back than the JVM.

• Members

Wat are your other amps? On my mine(JVM 410), there isn't any noise or hiss until you hit the OD Orange and red modes, and at that point your in super high gain mode.

I feel ya on it not bothering you though, I love my Mark IV, but that thing gives me more problems with feed back than the JVM.

I've thinned the herd a bit lately, but the core of our amp collections are actually very similar. Right now I have the JVM, a Quickrod, a 6505 and a Mojave Peacemaker, not counting little practice amps and stuff.

• Members

I've played them quite a bit and didn't really think they were anything to write home about. My boogie Mark V has a much lower noise floor with similar amounts of gain but I'll freely admit it won't get that killer Marshall Crunch that the JVM will get you. Personally I think the Jet City stuff out Marshalls the Marshall stuff at a fraction of the price.

• Members

I've played them quite a bit and didn't really think they were anything to write home about. My boogie Mark V has a much lower noise floor with similar amounts of gain but I'll freely admit it won't get that killer Marshall Crunch that the JVM will get you. Personally I think the Jet City stuff out Marshalls the Marshall stuff at a fraction of the price.

I had a JCA100HDM for a while and it was a cool amp, but not all that Marshally sounding to me :idk:

• Members

I had a JCA100HDM for a while and it was a cool amp, but not all that Marshally sounding to me
:idk:

I had a stock JCA20H as well as my modded one and both of them are pretty f-ing Marshally. But then they've only got the crunch channel out of the Soldano. The Friedman modded one sounds killer.

• Members

I had a stock JCA20H as well as my modded one and both of them are pretty f-ing Marshally. But then they've only got the crunch channel out of the Soldano. The Friedman modded one sounds killer.

I haven't tried the 20, but I might look into the new 22, or whatever the one with the loop and added features is called.

• Members

As much as I like jet city it is different I would love a JVM.

• Members
Right... That's why every big name metal band from Metallica to Maiden to Slayer to Megadeth has used Marshall amps.
:rolleyes:

Please...
:facepalm:

Where do you get this stuff? Really?
:idk:

Mesa Mark series can do those and lots more. You know, the amps used in older Metallica....

I'd like to hear JVM sound like this:

Archived