NAD (sorta)

hcprimerib

• Members

VH100r is a powerhouse of great tones!

The Ironheart does that VH100 sound, but it also has another drive channel thats more modern voiced and designed to handle lower tunings while still giving great definition. I've heard them both side by side and they're both great amps, the ironheart is probably that bit more flexible though.

• Members

Laney makes GREAT amplifiers. The problem is that in the US , they have the worst resale value of any amp company I can think of. Because of this , myself and other dealers dont really stock them anymore. Its awfully hard to sell a now GH100l for $1199 when you can find a mint used one for $450-$500. The other problem is that they arent pushed by their distributor. Laney in the US is the same company as BC Rich , Kustom , Michael Kelly , Traben etc. Very few of the reps have even played a Laney and they are well aware of how hard they are to sell so they dont even present the Laney line to potential dealers.

• Members

a dealer near WAPAKONETA,OHIO,MUSIC CLINIC,carrys laneys only,i drove 4-hrs,and SRSLY put one thru the paces ,before he opened the shop,we planned it to demo the vh100r that he swears by,he likes to crank em up,and play loud+clean, long story short,the 5150s,and the laneys are dearly loved by his customers,and i to fell under the LANEYS SPELL!!!! overdrive soooo thick,i was like,i b selling all my od pedals,guitar into laney. DONE. also new in da box +tax under 799.00-ish. whoa,warranty included!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lifetime first owner fer that i thinks? he also had a GH50-L, SINGLE CH. THAT WAS BARUTALLZZZZ AS HELLLLL!!!!! cleans were ok..

• Members

Loved my VH100R LOOOONNG time. Clean channel w/ boost engaged and a Keeley SD-1 hitting the front was the best blues lead tone i'd ever had.

Wait til you hear the new lionheart 50h, ultimate blues tones! The most touch responsive amp i've ever played through aswell, another fantastic amp from the guys at laney!

Archived