Turns out - hip surgery isn't that bad

Say Ocean

• Members

damn man-- you had hip surgery?!

holy crap-- glad yer back up and running.. but what was that all about?

I had a big tear and some wear done by the ball of the joint not being shaped right so they had to sew up the tear and reshape the bone. Not too fun but really not bad

• Members

I had a big tear and some wear done by the ball of the joint not being shaped right so they had to sew up the tear and reshape the bone. Not too fun but really not bad

How long do they expect your healing process to take? Sounds like pretty gnarly surgery.

• Members
Way easier than shoulder surgery anyway
:idk:
Anyone ever get hip surgery? What was your recovery like?

Yep, total left hip replacement on April 20th, ready to go back to work Monday. The recovery was very good, it helps to be prepared and educated. The toughest part was kicking the Oxycodone after 7 weeks.....back on Advil. Still doing PT twice a week.

• Members

Yep, total left hip replacement on April 20th, ready to go back to work Monday. The recovery was very good, it helps to be prepared and educated. The toughest part was kicking the Oxycodone after 7 weeks.....back on Advil. Still doing PT twice a week.

Yeah I didn't get a hip replacement or anything, but they drilled some anchors into my hip and shaved the ball of my femur and today I can't even feel it. Yeah I hate kicking the pain pills, it's not too hard per se but it's always disappointing :lol: How long has it been since your surgery?

• Members

You are still young, probably a lot harder when you're older.

Yeah I'm sure that's part of it, I wouldn't say I'm lucky to get surgery so young but I'm lucky to be able to bounce back quickly :thu: I'm just shocked how quickly the pain went away. My shoulder surgery was less intense and yet it was horrifically painful for 5-6 days.

Archived