Egnater Armageddon? Looks promising.

Crunchtime

• Members

Check it out. Egnater Armageddon.

http://www.egnateramps.com/Products/Armageddon/Armageddon.html

High gain, three channels, 120 watt 6L6 power section, individual reverb level each channel, built in ISP Decimator, external bias points.

According to GW Buying Guide the msrp is $1595, iirc. I think I need to order this whenever it is available. I hope soon.

• Members

Played it extensively at NAMM 2011...Nice amp. Versitile, and very aggressively voiced...Built in ISP decimator circut is a fantastic value add and works very well.

I was one of my favorite amps at NAMM. The "brutal" crowd should defiantely look into this one.

• Members

It seems it was announced at 2010 naam but I just saw it today in a Guitar World buyers guide at the grocery store. I hope this means its about to be available.

Yes it was originally announced at 2010 NAMM as sort of a sneak peak, since we had just finished the prototype before that show. It however was a prematurely shown product, and we tweaked things extensively since that show. The amp coming out sounds very different from the original prototype.

To answer the other questions, the Vengeance does not have less power. It is scaled back feature wise, and cost wise, but the same tone and power ratings. Both amps however can be switched down to 60 watts. We got great feedback at this past NAMM from some great players though. Tosin and some of his friends swung by to check everything out and were loving the amp. Haha, believe me, we are as anxious to get this amp out as people are to finally try it.

• Members

To answer the other questions, the Vengeance does not have less power. It is scaled back feature wise, and cost wise, but the same tone and power ratings. Both amps however can be switched down to 60 watts. .

Does the Vengeance still include the Decimator circuit?

• Members

I did the class twice.

I have two of the maps.

Some of the best money I've ever spent. I learned SOOOO much, and those amps are great to have around. Light weight and loud.

My brother and I have been wanting to do the class for a while now.

• Members

I remember a couple years ago I made a thread about how cool it would be if high gain amps came in with built in decimators, or some other quality gate. Damn near every asshole who replied ragged on my idea and told me how moronic I was for thinking this would be a good idea.

• Members

I remember a couple years ago I made a thread about how cool it would be if high gain amps came in with built in decimators, or some other quality gate. Damn near every asshole who replied ragged on my idea and told me how moronic I was for thinking this would be a good idea.

It's GREAT idea...And Bruce Egnater and team executed on it perfectly. When I was testing the Armegedon at NAMM, I has massive amounts of gain happening and running at very high volume...Staccato Fear Factory style riffs were razor sharp...With dead silence in between jabs. Really an outstanding feature in my opinion.

Archived