Some BLACKSTAR Clips (HT-60 combo and HT-DistX)

Johansolo

• Members

had some fun this weekend with some Blackstar stuff...

going through the HT-60 channels

[video=youtube;2a-FUrLCVtU]

Some Porcupine Tree,Lamb of God,Soundgarden riffage + a DI emulated Out recording

[video=youtube;A7Na7GxlMKo]

ive decided...the celestion Seventy80 speaker is pure awesome for clean tones (ive owned this speaker in the Laney VC30 combo too) ...but for gain...err.... something else please...

• Members

That was cool, I see a HT amp in my future.

As for the DistX I have the HT-dual and love it (Also drive an hour today to order a replacement 100v PSU for it so I can use it here, cant wait) I really enjoyed that it sounded cool and I know for a fact they are tough pedals that can add a lot to your sound.

I will do some demo's myself when I get the power supply.

• Members

Good videos! I found the same thing with my Stage 60 with the 70/80's. Cleans were good but the OD was just kinda harsh and flabbly. I swapped them out for K-100's and it RULES now :love: WGS Reapers sound really good with the Blackstars as well. I am running one with my HT-20.

• Members

That was cool, I see a HT amp in my future.

As for the DistX I have the HT-dual and love it (Also drive an hour today to order a replacement 100v PSU for it so I can use it here, cant wait) I really enjoyed that it sounded cool and I know for a fact they are tough pedals that can add a lot to your sound.

I will do some demo's myself when I get the power supply.

and yeah would love to hear the HT-dual, in particular the clean, mid gain and lead tones.

• Members

Good videos! I found the same thing with my Stage 60 with the 70/80's. Cleans were good but the OD was just kinda harsh and flabbly. I swapped them out for K-100's and it RULES now
:love:
WGS Reapers sound really good with the Blackstars as well. I am running one with my HT-20.

ive owned K-100s in a marshall mode four 4x12 ages ago...really liked it and could imagine it pairing up well with the HT-60.

• Members

Still happy with my HT-100, 8 months later. I dare anyone to find an amp with the same level of value and solid tone. 2 usable cleans, etc.

Yep. I've had my Stage 60 for little over a year now and it still inspires me when I plug it in. I just bough the HT-20H as well and have been rockin' it over the last week :rawk: I wouldnt hesitate to use the 20 for a gig, it really does sound that good. The awesome thing is I will be using BOTH for gigs so I wont have to choose :)

• Members
Yep. I've had my Stage 60 for little over a year now and it still inspires me when I plug it in. I just bough the HT-20H as well and have been rockin' it over the last week
:rawk:
I wouldnt hesitate to use the 20 for a gig, it really does sound that good. The awesome thing is I will be using BOTH for gigs so I wont have to choose
:)

I bring my HT-5 combo as my backup to all my shows :)

• Members

anyhow, i also made this recording for a friend of mine, just to help him pop his youtube cherry.

its quite short...but thats all he gave me to work with

all from the emulated line out

some post recording info

fingerpicking had some eq to make it sit better in the mix

lead has delay added

harmonics had reverb and delay

tremolo (which i built for him) is untouched

are the drums too loud in the mix? im still a noob with all this stuff

• Members

some post recording info

fingerpicking had some eq to make it sit better in the mix

lead has delay added

harmonics had reverb and delay

tremolo (which i built for him) is untouched

are the drums too loud in the mix? im still a noob with all this stuff

sounds pretty good, and the drums sound fine :)

Archived